Throttle cable and braket options.

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Got bored and swapped out the 850 vec sec to this old school dominator I had sitting around.
The fresh motor loves it. :)
Now just figuring out if I need to:
1. Longer throttle cable and the mancini xtra tall bracket and return springs or
2. One of those universal all in 1 that bolts to the carb studs.
3. Go down the locar route.
I think ideally the throttle cable needs to be 2" longer to take into account the 2" spacer.
It's a 440/4speed, 67 barracuda with a edelbrock Victor manifold and a two inch spacer. If anyone has pics of a similar setup and what does and does not work, that would be appreciated. :)

DSC_2175.JPG

DSC_2170.JPG

DSC_2177.JPG

I went with bouchilon for the cable. Can't remember where the bracket came from.

R. Eherenberg has both for a longer cable and taller bracket on his E-bay site. Also get the Mopar bracket for the carb if it fits the 4500 carb. On my 440 with a TM7 and a 2 inch spacer and Auto trans all that was needed was the Carb bracket. His coil relocation bracket is a nice piece to.

And only 40 bucks more then the one I posted

Shop around brother
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ skip white on ebay !
That's the one I use, w/ a lokar type kickdown and a Chrysler cable the same length as an original 340 a body cable, with a little rigging. My intake isn`t as tall as a victor tho.

-
Back