Throttle cable for Super Six

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Hello fellas,
I read that I need the V8 throttle cable to do the 2Bbl swap on my /6.
Which one do I need? Any V8 throttle cable? Some are square some are round going through the firewall. Also, is there a specific length? 24"?
I appreciate the help!

Hey roadrunnerh, When I got my Dart it already had a Holly 1920 2BBl on it but then I had a wire fry my throttle cable and I had to replace it. I went down to Autozone I believe and went to the lane were all the after market carbs, valve covers, guages and so on and got a universal throttle cable made by I believe Edelbrock and installed that and it works great on my 2bbl. I am sorry that the information is kind of so so but just wanted to give you some info on what I used.

I looked up that cable listed in that /6.org thread and it's 19.50" long according to Rock Auto website. Doesn't that seem too short?

Well I read through ATP's catalog and it seems like I will have the correct throttle cable. The Y-156 cable that I bought is listed for the '75 Valiant with a 318 2Bbl. It is 19.50" long as opposed to the 225 1Bbl cable with is 24.25" long.

Hey roadrunnerh, When I got my Dart it already had a Holly 1920 2BBl on it but then I had a wire fry my throttle cable and I had to replace it. I went down to Autozone I believe and went to the lane were all the after market carbs, valve covers, guages and so on and got a universal throttle cable made by I believe Edelbrock and installed that and it works great on my 2bbl. I am sorry that the information is kind of so so but just wanted to give you some info on what I used.
Uh the holley 1920 is a one barrel.....

Sure you arent talking about the holley 2300 350cfm? Or the carter BBD?

-
Back