throttle cable length?

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
63 dart 360 in OE location. i had drilled the firewall for 2 holes for a later A body pedal/throttle cable but it is way to long. I found some cables on Ebay but they appear to be too long. I thought about shortening the cable I have & recrimping everything but I dont think that is doable. any thoughts or suggestions. thank you for your time. RR

For my 66’ replacement with the 273 I went to rock auto and bought a pioneer cable and it fit perfect for the 4bbl. Not sure if you are trying to use a 67-76 throttle cable or not but it should be close.
Syleng1

I had the same issue going from 1-bbl to 4-bbl on the slant in my truck. I measured what length would work, then went to Rock Auto and started going through cables for all kinds of Mopars. They list the length but only in each individual listing. The truck is an 82 but the cable was something very much different.

It's a time consuming process but it did turn out OK.

Shortest replacement cable I was able to find (for a slant six 2bbl conversion) was 426 Hemi. But the regular small block one is only like an inch or two longer.

What length do you have, that is too long? What length are you shooting for?
what I have now. 9.5" from firewall to small bolt that clamps down the ferrule. the ferrule on the cable that gets clamped down is 1.25" in front of the throttle cable clamp. the cable very front tip is 1.25" in front of the carb horizontle throttle pin. with the pedal/cable on the ground it is 11" from the pedal flat out to where the ferrule gets clamped and 18" from pedal flat to the very front tip of the cable that slides on the carb horizontle throttle pi. I found another A body (I am assuming) throttle pedal & its cable is even longer. Yes I will get after rockauto. thanks guys. RR

-
Back