throttle cable

-

1971demonH

Reaction score
340 air gap eddy carb throttle cable is way too long. first time driving the car today!!!!!! (but i could only open throttle half way) :wack: i was thinking a lokar cable and bracket but i don't know what size to get.

Not sure why it would be "way" too long? Usually even a 2bbl setup can be workable with a little "engineering". One thing to make sure of, if it's a auto trans, is the throttle pressure/kickdown cable is right on.

I have a 73 a-body 318 2bbl cable on my 66 Valiant, M1 MP intake, Holley carb with throttle extension lever, adjustable throttle cable intake bracket and a 1" carb spacer....running a 4-speed and works perfect.

I have an aftermarket cut to fit cable on mine an I don't think its more then a foot, the outer lining is even shorter, obviously)

340 air gap eddy carb throttle cable is way too long. first time driving the car today!!!!!! (but i could only open throttle half way) i was thinking a lokar cable and bracket but i don't know what size to get.

Can you post a pic.

I went from a 2v carb to a 4v carb with aluminum intake, and all I changed was the throttle bracket that holds the cable. It works perfect.

-
Back