Throttle linkage help LA360

-

d100clubcab

Reaction score

Howdy,

After a few years of being offline I need to move my truck from a friend's yard. I got it idling OK (video above) but I need to hook up the throttle linkage so I can drive it. I can move it forward and reverse just by using the brakes. It's been so long I forgot how the throttle linkage is supposed to look when fully set up.

Also, my valve covers are leaking like crazy. There is a bolt snapped off in one of my heads so can I use some type of silicone to get around this and make a custom gasket?

Thanks,

Nice love tin grille trucks. The valve cover bolt needs to be fixed pull the cover off use a easy out and remove the broken bolt and replace the gaskets and reassemble. I made that same mistake and it was fatal to my slant 6. I broke a bolt off and just put rtv on it and it was leaking severally and I did not know it until it locked it up! I was 16 and didn't know much about cars. That was a long time ago lesson learned. Good luck i really like that truck

This is 360 with 727 by the way

--https://i.imgur.com/2bp4aun.png

2bp4aunl.jpg

Nice love tin grille trucks. The valve cover bolt needs to be fixed pull the cover off use a easy out and remove the broken bolt and replace the gaskets and reassemble. I made that same mistake and it was fatal to my slant 6. I broke a bolt off and just put rtv on it and it was leaking severally and I did not know it until it locked it up! I was 16 and didn't know much about cars. That was a long time ago lesson learned. Good luck i really like that truck

Thanks for the info and compliment
She's seen better days
I'd like to get her back to where she was five years ago

How far do you need to drive it?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can just wire (tie) the throttle pressure arm on the transmission all the way back (towards the rear of the car) and drive it a little without harm....

Jeff

Here is the throttle linkage. The one is a lokar lockdown the other is factory kickdown

Screenshot_20180930-194326_Gallery.jpg

images-4.jpg

How far do you need to drive it?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can just wire (tie) the throttle pressure arm on the transmission all the way back (towards the rear of the car) and drive it a little without harm....

Jeff

35 miles to my house
I've driven it before with no kickdown
That's not the issue
The issue is my gas pedal doesn't work at all because the throttle cable is not hooked up properly
I have no tension in the throttle cable

Here is the throttle linkage. The one is a lokar lockdown the other is factory kickdown

Yeah I'm trying to avoid the lokar setup at the moment because I'd have to order it and I want to move the truck asap
I already have the lokar 727 lockdown kit but it's not hooked up (it's in the packaging in my tool cabinet)

35 miles to my house
I've driven it before with no kickdown
That's not the issue
The issue is my gas pedal doesn't work at all because the throttle cable is not hooked up properly
I have no tension in the throttle cable
Oh...ok, I didn't understand that part...

Jeff

You should be able to use a wire and a spring to get it home.

Ok But I have no resistance on my gas pedal
It's just flat on the floor
I know I have to do something with the cable that attaches to the carb and it feeds through a crows foot but I can't remember exactly what all that is supposed to look like

Ok you should have a cable going thru the firewall with a u shaped fitting on it it is attached directly to the petal. Pull it tight it should take the slack out and pull the petal back up then clamp it down in the bracket and the u shaped end attaches to the carb

Lock the lever for the kickdown all the wat to the rear . this will give you full pressure all the time . If you don't do this you will smoke the tranny . Factory linkage varies from year to year and from engine to engine . You must get the correct linkage and kickdown for proper function . To add , the shift linkage must be adjusted properly . That's why Lokar cables work so well . eliminates all the b.s.. Ask me how I know .

I eliminate all Lokar BS, and hook it up how Ma Mopar designed it.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me detailed pics of these 3 sections in the pic below? I want to ensure I have all pieces and they are all hooked up correctly.

---https://i.imgur.com/PNd396j.jpg

PNd396j.jpg

Last edited:
I found a video of wheni was running a 2bbl and was able to screen capture the linkage there.
That's how I figured I had the front part of the linkage on wrong

And I never ran dual springs so I don't need the rearward spring the other guy has

---https://i.imgur.com/3o0ZW1R.png

3o0ZW1R.png

-
Back