throttle linkage help

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
ok gents,

i just swapped out the 2 barrel intake and carb for a 4 barrel weiand and holley, now i have the problem of how the linkage is SUPPOSED to go back on the new carb. I am royally confused on this. I bought the holley adapter bracket and Im still stumped. IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH THIS LIKE A 4TH GRADER, I would really appreciate it. Or if any of you so cal guys are in the neighborhood wanna swing by and show me whats going on I have a very large cooler and Im not afraid of filling it up. Thanks guys

the throttle cable on a 4 barrel is longer then the 2 barrel cable...

..........plus the bracket sits up straight instead of bent over flat.........the kd is also longer.........kim.......

that is correct..the kd lever on the top is longer...

bolt the holley bracket to the 4rl carb's throttle level with the nuts & bolt that came with it, then unscrew the rod from the throttle level on the 2 brl carb and screw it into the adaptor level you just installed onto the 4brl throttle lever.

hook up all the kickdown the way it was [as close as you can] on the 2brl.

like mentioned there are differences between the 4/2brl kick down linkages, so what you do to start...is with a small sledge hammer, tap the baracket over toward the valve cover more so that it is more inline with the lever in that the cable is straight inline when attached.
I use the same bracket thats been tapped over and hase the kick down cut off [4spd]

wether you will have to lengthen the slot on the kickdown arm I can't remember.
Thats where it gets fuzzy for me since all of my cars are 4 spds or slant/at

levers on the tranny are diff also due to diff carb lever/sweep ratios, more help [pics]

Attachments

• 116_0111_swap_h_z.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 181
  • KDlinkage.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 186
  • KD link 05.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 186
Mancini Racing carries repro 4 barrel throttle cable intake brackets. It is worth the money to buy it from them and bolt it on.

thanks but i figured it out today, i put a new throttle cable in and it went in perfect with the adapter. it was an easier problem than i thought it was gonna be. thanks everyone again for the help.

I wanted to post this pic in hopes to help others with similar questions. I just need to attach Quickfuel return springs when I get them and move throttle cable to the inside slot to line up a little better.

Attachments

• 2011-01-11 16.54.47.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 125
-
Back