Throttle linkage setup, Holley etc

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I’m curious to see how you guys have your linkages setup. Using an RPM performer obviously sets the carb a bit higher that stock. Curious how you guys have them setup. Pics would be fantastic. Smallblock, edelbrock intake, 650 carb is my setup. Thanks.

Setting up a Holley is similar for all intakes:

DSC04903 B.jpg

DSC04904 B.jpg

DSC04906 B.jpg

DSC04908 B.jpg

DSC04912 B.jpg

DSC04914 B.jpg

DSC04971 B.jpg

DSC04974 B.jpg

Do you have the 4 barrel throttle cable bracket. If swapping from a 2 barrel to a 4 that bracket should be changed as well, to help with alignment issues.
Agree, the 4bbl linkage is a plus. However, the 2bbl linkage can and will work. I've always used the 2bbl linkage that was with the car.
poor quality video I made, but the idea is there...

Two suggestions:
#1 Take the throttle bracket off the car, put it in a vice and bend the horizontal throttle hold down tab with the stud in it to be vertical, like a 340 throttle bracket is. This brings the height of the throttle up to better match the new throttle location on the carb (another alternative is to get the L shaped piece used on a cruise control car and use it to accomplish the same thing).
#2 Edelbrock makes a piece to go in line in the kickdown arm that reaches to the carb to give it a longer reach (your carb is now further forward, too) so that the kickdown can be properly adjusted (part EDE-8003)

-
Back