Throttle pressure (kickdown) cable

-

68coupe

Reaction score
I have the trans bracket and kickdown cable off of a 98 5.9 liter Jeep and need to install them on a 904. Problem is: The bracket is too tall to mount to the transmission, it hits the tunnel of the body. The other end will attach to the bracket on the 5.2 EFI throttle body.

I've seen other posts on using the factory cable setup with the 904 or 727. It may work on a b or c-body, but it ain't gonna work on an a-body. Not with this bracket!

The first picture is how the cable looks on the overdrive transmission. But, the bracket off of the Jeep is much taller, approx 3 1/2" (second picture).

Has anybody done this before and which brackets and levers did you use? I don't have the throttle press lever or shift lever yet.
Thanks

jim, that bracket hit my tunnel also. I bent it over some with my hand so it would fit. been fine since I got it running. dae.

Thanks Dave! I was thinking about shortening it and welding. What did yours come off of - 2001 Ram? I still need to get the other two levers.

Also, my documents say to go down passenger side of the transmission tunnel and loop back to the driver's side. Is that the way you routed yours? It's REAL tight down there! LOL

BTW, I can just touch the key and this engine fires right up! Still think this is the only way to go.

if you look at the first pic, you can see how the cable should run. it comes around the back and goes into the back of the throttle body on the pass side. every thing of mine came off of the 01 ram the engine was in. your bracket looks just like mine.

I bought the Jeep after the guy had parted it out. He took the trans out to sell himself. I just barely talked him out of the cable bracket. I tried to tell him that whoever bought the tranny should already have the levers, but he wasn't buying that.

BTW Dave, I now have a complete 5.9 liter Magnum and setup from the Jeep. Also a 9 1/4 rear with disc brakes. I'm going to look at a 67 Belvedere this weekend. I may be doing another Magnum swap with a b-body!

Cool- sure it's a 9-1/4 and not a 44a like the Jeeps came with? Should be 3.73 LSD.

Cool- sure it's a 9-1/4 and not a 44a like the Jeeps came with? Should be 3.73 LSD.

It'a a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited Special Edition, has a 5.9Magnum with 4wd. It don't look nuthin' like a little Jeep Dana. I got one of those down in the scrap pile. Those Danas look a lot like an 8 1/4, this looks like a Dana 60! Just from a brief look to see if it was the small Dana, it looked like this car has a trailing arm rear suspension. The rear does have disc brakes, but most, if not all of the GC's have discs.

There was a guy that drove 250 miles for the seats and I ended up selling him the door panels for half what I had in the Jeep. He said that Chrysler only made about 10,000 of these vehicles and he had 2 of them already.

Shucks Dude, it's a Dana 44 after all. I'm used to seeing the Dana 35's. How do the 44's hold up?

Shucks Dude, it's a Dana 44 after all. I'm used to seeing the Dana 35's. How do the 44's hold up?

-
Back