Throttle pressure linkage (kickdown) 6 Pack

-

Evildart

Dart Member
Reaction score
I have a 340 6 pack that I am putting into A body and have been told that I would need to use a cable linkage because the 6 pack linkage is only for an E body and is solid and will not fit in an A body. Has anyone run up against this? Could you modify a 4 bbl to work or is a Lockar cable the way to go??? Any pics would help Thanks.

I'm putting the E body auto trans kick down linkage on my Demon right now, I havn't found any problems yet all seems to clear. Good luck John

I'm putting the E body auto trans kick down linkage on my Demon right now, I havn't found any problems yet all seems to clear. Good luck John

Nice build you have going. Do you have any pics of the linkage on?

I have a 340 6 pack that I am putting into A body and have been told that I would need to use a cable linkage because the 6 pack linkage is only for an E body and is solid and will not fit in an A body. Has anyone run up against this? Could you modify a 4 bbl to work or is a Lockar cable the way to go??? Any pics would help Thanks.
We have a 340/6-pak on the 73 DS we just got. Everything is working great except for it being geared to low. When my son gets home I'll take a pic and post it.

Yep, it was a well built piece; we had a $, called, and talked to the owner/designer. It works perfect, no playing with rod adjustments, set it up (kinda hard in instructions to set up plate on carb base, that's why the phone call). Did that, pushed the button to adjust- perfect. We would have been adjusting a factory mech set up for a day, after/even if correct parts found.

-
Back