Thumb Wheel radio

-
Yes I believe they are identical with the only exception is the Plymouth or Dodge script on the dial face otherwise same physical shape.

no, the mounting bracket on the front is different. You can swap the mounting brackets from radio to radio, but the valiant bracket is different.

The top one is for a barracuda and the bottom is for a valiant. 68/9 dart is also different from either of these. You need one from a barracuda for a barracuda

20240107_135601.jpg

no, the mounting bracket on the front is different. You can swap the mounting brackets from radio to radio, but the valiant bracket is different.
The original question was can the radio be swapped out ?? So the answer is yes the radio can be used as long as you have the correct mounting bracket for your particular application. Not a simple exchange. Thanks for the correction

All good info. Can the proper brackets be obtained anywhere? Does anyone make aftermarket items? I probably could Fab myself if I had something to go by like a sketch with dimensions. Any ideas?

I looked it up and it appears they are different. Thanks for looking.
I need a sketch of the plate. I am sure I can Fab one.

I looked it up and it appears they are different. Thanks for looking.
I need a sketch of the plate. I am sure I can Fab one.
Not sure how you would fab this up but you might keep an eye out, I picked this up about a decade ago as an NOS piece from ebay. The pop up every few years.

68 and 69 and 70 (only with rally dash) used this same part.

The 68 and 9 will say "solid state by plymouth" on the radio face.
70 with rally dash only (dart or duster) will say "solid state by Chrysler"

The 68/9 Barracuda and 70 duster or dart (with 70 rally dash only) mounted with the same bracket and used the same basic radio.

20240114_014618.jpg

20240114_014700.jpg

20240114_014735.jpg

20240114_014750.jpg

I thought all I needed to do was add that zig zag piece which is missing from the radio I have. You are right it will not be easy to add that piece. What is the proper term for this so I can do some searches?

-
Back