Thumper

-
I thought this was cleared up on the B body forum.

Harold did not design the Comp XE or the XE/HL lobes.

People that buy Thumpr style cams aren’t looking for fast rate cams with short seat timing that provide better idle characteristics.

They want the long seat timing and the rough idle.

That is afterall, the primary attraction for these cams.

The fact that these cams use smooth lobes with moderate lifts and can run lower springs loads is just a bonus.

I got a 380hp create 360, I'm pretty sure the cam Mopar choose for them was their version of a thumper cam got similar specs of other brands similar sized thumper cams works pretty good even with 2.94 gears, and does
I got a 380hp create 360, I'm pretty sure the cam Mopar choose for them was their version of a thumper cam got similar specs of other brands similar sized thumper cams works pretty good even with 2.94 gears, and does thump.
Installing a thumper and new valve train in my 340. .486/.473,,,,,. .50 227 /241

These cams remind me of my young days in the early seventies in Australia when we used to go down to the local street racing venues ( Brickies) and the young Holden guys would turn up with their shitboxes and would pull out there cable cam( manual choke). for years later when I heard a real lumpy idling car that was a **** box I would tell the guy to push his choke in as we would refer to them as cable cams.

-
Back