Thunder valley Marion SD

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
Anybody go to this track a lot? I have a 69 Dart that I am planning to do a lot of drag racing with next year. Wondering what dates are the best to go (all mopar, street car shoot outs). Looking for the most people to be there so I can get ideas on how to better my car and time slips.

Also anybody camp out at the track for the weekend (tents). Looking to drive my car to the track. (live 140 miles away)

How much fuel to bring?

Haven't been there in years, me and my family used to go there and race all the time. Its a great track.

Here is a link to the track website: http://www.thundervalleydragways.com/

TVD695.jpg

ive heard its great. couldnt make it up last year--maybe 2010 .

camping in a tent ?? wow ........ i thought i was the ONLY racer without a 20-30 foot enclosed trailer.........

:cheers:

thunder valley is a great track with lots of mopars, great camping and fun people. I've been to tracks all over the midwest and they have the most mopars there on a regular basis. If you plan on running street tires you'll have to race in streetcar shootout/sat supertrophy/sun or the mopar class. If you like wheel stands and high winding motors check out the midwest class racers stock/ss combos. My uncle and my dad race at those.(checkout my pics gallery) hope to see you there this summer!

thunder valley is a great track with lots of mopars, great camping and fun people. I've been to tracks all over the midwest and they have the most mopars there on a regular basis. If you plan on running street tires you'll have to race in streetcar shootout/sat supertrophy/sun or the mopar class. If you like wheel stands and high winding motors check out the midwest class racers stock/ss combos. My uncle and my dad race at those.(checkout my pics gallery) hope to see you there this summer!

The only time I raced at thunder valley was the Mopar Dash For Cash a couple years ago. I think your brother took me out :-D

vbpgimage.php

l_2a75ef370e5ff9069d8692282f42a80b.jpg

Had a blast can't win em all. Next year looking to race all weekend instead of one night.

That was my home track til last year we moved to North Dakota.Eveyone is nice and are all one big happy family there you will like it there.This is the car I raced there.

DSC_4235wtmk[1].jpg

I was there for 2008 Mopararama race. I raced (was it you) ss/ja Duster
twice 1st rounds on the Saturday races. I had the yellow 73 Swinger from MN. I do want to come back for a tie breaker. I had a great time, fun track.
I might have use of a trailer now so getting there will be easier than driving the car there.

I was there for 2008 Mopararama race. I raced (was it you) ss/ja Duster
twice 1st rounds on the Saturday races. I had the yellow 73 Swinger from MN. I do want to come back for a tie breaker. I had a great time, fun track.
I might have use of a trailer now so getting there will be easier than driving the car there.

That was my dad.

Use to race there off and on in the mid 90's. Was nice track with many Mopars. Now race at Oahe Speedway in Pierre. Not many Mopars at all. At times there is only 3-4. Come alittle farther west, if you want to be the underdog! Later
Ryan

Use to race there off and on in the mid 90's. Was nice track with many Mopars. Now race at Oahe Speedway in Pierre. Not many Mopars at all. At times there is only 3-4. Come alittle farther west, if you want to be the underdog! Later
Ryan

Went to pierre a few times last summer. My uncle races there regularly, probably know hom if you go there often, Van Huse, he races a bare metal bodied rail car with a 1100cc crotch rocket engine. His kid also has a junior drag car with real fire painted on it.

Guy I know also races his 70 AMC Javelin up there too.

The car is ready, but the tow rig is going to hold me back. I refuse to tow anything with P metric tires....:angel7:

I was there in 2008 for the Moparama race. I had a blast. But it was bitter cold. I made it down to 5 cars and went out with a dreaded red light! at about 12:45am, temp was down near 50 degree's. But still had the time of my life. I'd like to do it again!
fnedt4.jpg

Well I raced the first MOPAR race may 1st. redlight by 0.012 in the first round Sat night. bummer I must be rusty! LOL. Sunday I ran in MOD et and treed the guy 0.028 to a 0.053, I dailed a 11.52 and ran a 11.517 on the brakes. Car ran good thought once we massaged the stumble out of my thermoquad it ran a best of 11.34@115 mph in a 20 mph headwind. Next race May 15th and 16th My dad and uncle will have their first Stock/Superstock combo. Me and my brother will be racing in the saturday night shoot out and Mod et on sunday. All the dusters will be out in full force.:supz:

I also love thunder valley. Thinking about finding a job in sioux falls just to be closer. 2 times a year just isn't cutting it.

Hey....want to start getting into drag racing....have no clue where to start.....building a big block stroker to put in Dart or 1/2 ton truck....just curious who to talk to to get started and what I need to do to make the truck legal. Truck is set up with a roll cage.....set back motor....plated 440 mount and so on. Think I am going to start in Marion or Oahe since I am from Eastern South Dakota. Dad raced a Superbird in Marion back in the day.Thanks for the help.

Hey....want to start getting into drag racing....have no clue where to start.....building a big block stroker to put in Dart or 1/2 ton truck....just curious who to talk to to get started and what I need to do to make the truck legal. Truck is set up with a roll cage.....set back motor....plated 440 mount and so on. Think I am going to start in Marion or Oahe since I am from Eastern South Dakota. Dad raced a Superbird in Marion back in the day.Thanks for the help.

I know a guy around viborg that sells alot of mopar cars and parts, also races a hemi car at marion, send me a message if you want his information, he would be a good guy to talk to.

-
Back