Ticking noise

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so I have had a ticking noise coming from 360 for a few weeks changed the lifters yesterday and still making the noise I think it might be a valve.

[ame="http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/1973dusterkid/media/CAM00278.mp4.html"]CAM00278.mp4 Video by 1973dusterkid | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg518/1973dusterkid/bth_CAM00278.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg518/1973dusterkid/bth_CAM00278.mp4[/ame]

did you have exhaust off? check for leak? more about the lifters solid or hyd? What method did you use to put the HYD in if thats what they are?

Take a stick (piece of old broom handle works good) about 2-3 feet long and put one end on the valve covers and around the intake close to the head and put the other end/side of the handle up against your ear and move around and see if you can determine exactly where it's coming from.

A 3 foot piece of garden hose using the same method and move it around the exhaust manifold/headers at the head to see if it's an exhaust leak.

These two things might help you isolate/find the problem.

stamped or adjustable rockers

Stamped

did you have exhaust off? check for leak? more about the lifters solid or hyd? What method did you use to put the HYD in if thats what they are?

Hyd with flat taped cam .508 lift

Take a stick (piece of old broom handle works good) about 2-3 feet long and put one end on the valve covers and around the intake close to the head and put the other end/side of the handle up against your ear and move around and see if you can determine exactly where it's coming from.

A 3 foot piece of garden hose using the same method and move it around the exhaust manifold/headers at the head to see if it's an exhaust leak.

These two things might help you isolate/find the problem.

I want to say its coming from rear on passanger side

Sounds about right. Change the oil about 1500 miles. A slightly worn cam without Zddp,multiplies quickly.Best of luck.

-
Back