tie rod boot missing, problem?

-
ok, i'll go wipe that off, i guess I should have left it like it is in the following pics.
I was just following the steps Brad gave me above. They were on the money for everything except the lube step was out of order.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2533.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2534.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 92
Congrats - we all knew you could do it. Enengy Suspesion makes ball joint boots too. However, if your old ones are still in tact, I'd leave them for now. Go ahead and do the sway bar end link bushings.

And, I'd wipe the excess grease off everything. The grease is supposed to be in the inside, not outside. That will just attract dirt and you'll have a big mess.

Thanks man,
I just ordered new energy susp. sway bar link replacements, direct OE replacements. They were cheap enough that I'll just get new links and not just the bushings and do it myself. Those ball joint boots bug me but I'm told that they are not functional, just protective. Function first.... I'll post when done with the sway bars. :thumleft:

ok I did the sway bar links. putting the sway bar back was a BIG pain. the angles didnt give me enough thread on the link bolt to get things on easy. I felt lucky to get one on and fiddled with the other one for the longest time. grrrrr..... ](*,)](*,)
I eventually ended up sticking on of the old bushings on first and installing the thing upside down to make it easier to get the bolt on. Then when I lowered the car the angles looked better so I popped the old bushing off and stuck the new one on this time with the bolt right side up (according to pic that came with the energy suspension links). There must be an easier way... what did I do wrong, any hints? I tried attaching the sway bar first to the K-frame and then with it loose but on, then off, nothing was working. ]

cleaned a bunch more down there and replaced the old bolts that held the sway bar.

Next thing to do with the suspension is those ball joint boots. are they hard????
:) gott'r done!! :glasses7:

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2642.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2644.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2645.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2647.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2649.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 92
oh one more question, how important do you guys feel it is to have all those bolts torqued to specs? I just tightened till I felt it was safe and solid.

-
Back