Tie rod end ??

-

duster360

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart that I am swapping disc brakes onto from a 73 duster. I am using the upper control arms from the Duster and decided that I would use the lower control arms too being they had the sway bar tabs on them. I look up the tie rod ends for the both of them and they carry different part numbers. Will I be able to use the 73 outer ends and stay with the 67's on the inside, are the tie rod sleeves are the same thread? There is a heck of a price difference in the 67 and 73 ends too, about $40 per end. Whats your opinion?

I used the tie rods that were on the car when I put '75 discs on the front of my '66 Valiant. FWIW the sway bar tabs on the '73 control arms will be in the wrong place for a '67 sway bar. The sway bar for the '73 mounts inside the K member and is quite a bit narrower than the '67-'72 sway bar. If you want to save money on replacement parts, give some thought to swapping in a '73 up K member, steering box, and steering linkage. The '67 uses a one year only idler arm and the cost for one of those will just about pay for the parts needed for the swap.

Sounds like a good idea. Will all the 73 & up steering linkages be the same as the 67 as far as length and all the other meaurements. I should still be able to use the same steering box right? I want to stay with manual steering.

The linkage is the same in length as what you have. Not sure about the box, but I do know you will need a '73 up manual steering Pitman arm. Best price around is at Mancini Racing. I'd say get one of those and see if it will bolt to your steering box. If it will, use it, and if it won't get a '73 up box. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

-
Back