Tigger got new shoes today.

-

cpearce

Reaction score
My 69 Swinger (Tigger), got new shoes for the second time this year. Since I've had it, 2009, it has worn its steel wheels and dog dishes, which I love. This spring I put on Centerline style American Racing Outlaw wheels, although they are cool I didn't fall in love with them. 15x8, 15x3.5.

Yesterday my new wheels arrived, American Racing Torque Thrust II, 15x8, 15x4. I think they look pretty decent.

My Steelies are 15x8, 15x6.

Rear tires on all are 255 60r15, fronts on either aluminum are 165 85R15, steel 215 70R15.

Probably going to sell the Outlaws and keep the others and swap as mood strikes. Thought I'd share with group.

20231014_172741.jpg

20230903_154429.jpg

FB_IMG_1695064938602.jpg

Last edited:
Tough choice. I really like the Torque Thrusts, but I really like the orange steelies too. I might lean a teeny bit towards the Torque Thrusts, but only a little. I TOTALLY agree with your idea of selling the Outlaws and swapping between the Torque Thrusts and the orange steelies. Not all cars look good in orange, but yours looks awesome.
Added a few minutes later: I just noticed that the first two pictures have what looks like a fiberglass hood with a big scoop, and the third one has what looks like a stock hood.

Tough choice. I really like the Torque Thrusts, but I really like the orange steelies too. I might lean a teeny bit towards the Torque Thrusts, but only a little. I TOTALLY agree with your idea of selling the Outlaws and swapping between the Torque Thrusts and the orange steelies. Not all cars look good in orange, but yours looks awesome.
Thanks very much!

Your car your choice...

1st photo looks good, classic styling.

2nd photo, the 80s called and they want their wheels back.

3rd photo, looks the best to me, it never goes out of style.

Big fan of the painted steel wheels!! I did it to mine last year in place of the rally wheels...I don't know if i would ever go back.

20230818_085242.jpg

-
Back