tilt steering column

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking to install a tilt steering column in my 67 dart. does anyone have prior knowledge of an aftermarket column that will work? thanks

looking to install a tilt steering column in my 67 dart. does anyone have prior knowledge of an aftermarket column that will work? thanks

Use a tilt out of an 87-92 Jeep Cherokee. It uses a 1" double-D joint at the bottom but if you get the 5/8X36C to DD joint from Flaming River then you can make it work. Will have to rewire into the column for signals, wipers, and ignition but its not hard. Rest of it lines up fine....

Here are a couple of pics of my install (column complete, rest of car in progress).....

IM000328.jpg

IM000333.jpg

IM000335.jpg

IM000339.jpg

Use a tilt out of an 87-92 Jeep Cherokee. It uses a 1" double-D joint at the bottom but if you get the 5/8X36C to DD joint from Flaming River then you can make it work. Will have to rewire into the column for signals, wipers, and ignition but its not hard. Rest of it lines up fine....

Here are a couple of pics of my install (column complete, rest of car in progress).....

Five speed jeep I take it? Looks like you've got a nice ride. Really like our dash inserts. Homemade? Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Don't know but I suspect it was since all the automatics I've seen are on the column. I made the insert myself. Couldn't find one I liked and was large enough to lay out the guages the way I wanted. Not going to be much original on the car but it will be something I like.

-
Back