Tilton 6000 HRB on an A833?

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
Anyone running the Tilton 6000 series hydraulic release bearing on their A833? My son has been using the American Powertrain Hydramax bearing on his A833 for 2 years and it has started to leak. Since the trans has to come out anyway, we were considering switching to the Tilton 6000 series, since it has the threaded adjuster so we wouldn't have to pull the trans to adjust the bearing clearance.

Anyone...???

I like that set better than the American Powertrain set up. But, I do have the AP set up and no issues.

Actually, for whatever reason, the bearing stopped leaking....... Maybe some grit on the piston seal or something. So we're still running it. Anyone else have experience with the Tilton unit?

The informations i found until now:

I asked Tilton if the offer a 6000-Series setup for the A833. Unfortunately they don't.

So the Tilton Universal Release Bearing has to be used. The threaded mounting sleve has a 1" I.D. which can be machined to the required diameter
Anti-Rotation Stud has a 5/16-18 UNC thread which a have to check if ist correct for the A833 bearing retainer bolts.

Tilton offers the technical drawing for download: http://tiltonracing.com/wp-content/uploads/6000-Series-HRBs-Flat-Face-Type.pdf

The part numbers i found (available at Summit Racing):

60-6100 : 6000-Series Universal Release Bearing
95-603 : Anti-Rotation Stud (Not included in 60-6100)

When we did the A833 conversion on our Dart (used to be a 727) we had to make our own anti-rotation stud from a grade 8 bolt because the ones from AP were too short. Works great:

DSCN3755.JPG

DSCN3759.JPG

-
Back