Time For A Career Change

-
Since your free to move about did you check to see if there are any opportunities near the coast with the cleanup efforts? May be temp but at least it's a foot in the door.

I was a hot shot driver with my own truck subbing for a transport co. here in fla. there was good money for the first 6 months then got slow had to get a real job that was 15 years ago i miss the road but can't afford another new truck. Do what you think you would like to do there are training programs for little or no money due to the economy look on line and see what there is. I have friends that are truckers husband/wife team they seem to be doing ok just don't beleve what they say about the income it ain't that good in any field nowadays. I'm a licensed aircraft mechanic you have heard the ads on radio of the big money they make i'm here to tell ya thats B.S. they just want your money to teach you a trade. Pick something that is not controlled by seasons [busy season / slow season] i'm in the marine busness and we are busy from march thru october then lay offs/pay cuts ect. I hate my job but have to pay bills too old to start over again 11 more years untill 62 then retirement LOL. I can dream can't i.

Hit the EI office they know what is going on and will only pay for training in fields where there is a real need ergo if there is no real demand they know and will tell you , 6 years ago when I was still in Windsor I thought the the " Always in demand IT / Network Systems Engineering sounded good to me as a retraining option they told me to go across the street and get the school there to finance me because they had a thousand people across Canada on the Pogey roles with that degree , its a tough economy right now but I would really look at your local public transit if you want a driving job, they like to test you with split shifts and short shifts for a year or so but if you tough it out in the end you will have one of the few secure jobs left ,think about it when was the last time you heard of one of them getting laid off .

-
Back