Time for new tires and rims for the 68 Dart

-
Went on Summit Racing and filtered down to the size and bs I wanted and wound up with only 14 choices. Damn! And the only one I liked were the black steelies - same exact ones on the car now!

Try expanding your search to wheels that have slightly more back spacing than you need. YOu can run a small billet spacer and have more choices in wheels

I was busy with other things this weekend (like getting my wife's Opel GT running again) and still need to get around to measuring. I'll post after I take the measurements.
Cool! Does her opel look like mine?

20210318_113128.jpg

69 340 GTS and Murray nailed it. ET wheels make a beautiful five spoke, in an assortment of backspaces. They aren't cheap, and summit and jegs don't sell them, but I bet they will have what you want.

Had the inner fender lip rolled today. Mobile guy, came out to the house. He flattened the lip and it measures over 3/4" from sidewall to fender. 255/60 MT E/T's would easily fit now.
I'm leaning towards keeping the current steelies and having them powder coated satin black. The MT ET's out back, and a 225/60 or 70 series up front.

Had the inner fender lip rolled today. Mobile guy, came out to the house. He flattened the lip and it measures over 3/4" from sidewall to fender. 255/60 MT E/T's would easily fit now.
I'm leaning towards keeping the current steelies and having them powder coated satin black. The MT ET's out back, and a 225/60 or 70 series up front.
I like steelies and dog dishes. If not car color, I think I would do a gloss black though.
You could paint em without pulling the tires off.

I like steelies and dog dishes. If not car color, I think I would do a gloss black though.
You could paint em without pulling the tires off.
They're gloss black right now, with some paint peel. So gloss instead of satin?
The tires have to be pulled anyway because they're worn and very old. I'm planning on driving down to Spring Fling in April and I'm not making the trip without new rubber.

They're gloss black right now, with some paint peel. So gloss instead of satin?
The tires have to be pulled anyway because they're worn and very old. I'm planning on driving down to Spring Fling in April and I'm not making the trip without new rubber.
Truly up to you! If you have gloss black now, and want a change, shoot some cheap satin black, see if you like it. If it's what you want, then powder coat If you want.
I love to swap wheels and tires around, changes the personality, along with exhaust changes.
And new rubber is always a good idea.

s-l400.jpg
I would personally go through the effort to find torque thrusts with the straight spoke. I know they are tough to find but I feel the look is miles ahead of the curved spoke or domes spoke. You probably wont find them new.

$0.02

I posted some other wheels on the hemi thread and was told that dude is over priced. So word to the wise, try as a last resort.

Truly up to you! If you have gloss black now, and want a change, shoot some cheap satin black, see if you like it. If it's what you want, then powder coat If you want./QUOTE]
That's a really good idea.

-
Back