Time for some fun projects!

-

gun_runner

Reaction score
I am finally getting to some of my own projects, so i finally joined the board for myself.

Quick bio:

I am 24

I am an aerospace machinist, but i dont use those sissy CNC machines, i was taught from about age 6 how to run a conventional lathe and milling machine, and over the years i have gotten very good with them. I feel much more proud of a piece that i made myself, not a program. Have a full machine shop at home too. Gotta admit though that CNC's do make some damn impressive parts though.

I am an avid gun collector/owner, and fairly skilled shooter. I do my own gun smithing, and building, and love shooting. I like to have stuff a little out of the ordinary. I have a .454 casull Model 92, an SPR-15 that i custom built myself, a pair of Thompson contenders in big nasty calibers, a couple .357 sig pistols, and a few other fun pieces.

My dad used to be a legend in the street racing community around here in his sleeper nova and vega, but when he had Me, he straightened up an little bit, sold the street race cars, and bought an omni:angel7:... which now has a 400hp Turbo 2.5 in it and runs 11's...:twisted: (we are always at Mopars at the strip in Vegas) Needless to say, i have grown up around racing.

I finally got myself a classic mopar to play with but it is definitely a work in progress. It is a 1965 Dodge Dart 270 Wagon with a 4 speed. Just bought a 73 dart sport 340 4-speed too, but the body is trashed. I wanna throw all the 340 stuff into a 70-72 swinger and make a pro touring/autocross car.

Last but not least, I am a stick shift guy. I have never owned an automatic car, and dont ever plan to. (maybe a truck some day for towing) I like the raw feeling of a clutch and stick, and feel i have much better control of exactly what i want the car to do. I usually prefer no power steering or a/c either. Nothing better than both windows down, going 80 on a California highway.

From another SoCal member, welcome you to FABO, the best darn A-body site on the web. You're going to have fun here!
Glad to have you. Post up some pics of your projects.
PM sent

Welcome! I have a bridgeport mill and morris lathe in my garage and know what you mean about making a part yourself. I am self tought and quite good at it. My latest project was adding a 5 on 4" bolt pattern to a set of 15"x10" repop halibrands for one of my Darts. Also do a lot of stuff for motorcycles.

Thanks everyone! Now I just need to trade my dart wagon for a 70-72 swinger and I'll be on the road!

-
Back