time to start on my cars now

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally got time enough between doing a bunch of jobs promised this year , fixing the trailer that was damaged, fixing my best friends Ford truck and his car this weekend. Now it is time to finish my cars and get ready for the trip down south in October. I am taking the 69 Valiant to the garage Wednesday for an alignment and tire balance, pumping down the a/c unit and charging and going to go ahead and put a new exhaust system on it. I just uncovered the Duster for what has seemed like a lifetime and pulled it in the garage. Due to the weather this year, have only been to one car show and I hate it. I am going to pull the radiator on it and have it cleaned in case I have to drive it on the trip and going to put the Schumacher motor mounts on it. Maybe that will take care of the problem I have had for years. Then it is going to be stripped down and painted. Was last painted back in 2010 I believe.

Attachments

• DSC08355.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC08356.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC08357.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 144
What engine mount problems are you having? I assume you have a BB in there. The paint looks nice. Why new paint in only 5 years? Maybe the photos are fooling me!!

engine had factory mounts put in when the car was built. engine is sitting crooked in k- frame about 1/2 ". bought Schumacher mounts to correct problem. have had a small vibration. This was my sons first car he ever painted back then. There are a few small imperfections that we know are there and we want to correct them. it is easier and will look better if we just shoot the whole car rather than try and blend the paint. This paint is a ***** to blend.

Hey Bill yea it is scorching hot here high nineties and the same humidity can't wait I hope my car is running by then.

well, get er cooled down a little by then. I don't like the heat and humidity down there in Miss. course on the coast you usually have a breeze. Cant wait.

well, get er cooled down a little by then. I don't like the heat and humidity down there in Miss. course on the coast you usually have a breeze. Cant wait.

give me a shout when you get here, live about 20 miles from gulfport and stay the whole week here. i'll show you some roads that goes around a lot of traffic. dave.

you will have to PM me your phone #. I know a lot of back roads already. I was stationed at Keesler AFB back in the day before I went to Vietnam and my wife was born and raised in Pass Christian and all of her family is from Gulfport area. So I learned a lot of the back roads. Still be nice to meet up with a FABO member. I used to run through Moss Point on my way to Eglin AFB over in Florida when I was stationed down there.

-
Back