Timeing mark moveing not steady

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I took an extra dizzy I had to a machine shop to replace the heavey stock spring with a light one from my Mr gasket kit also had him weld up the slots.Stars up great so I put my timeing light on, one with the adjustable dial on it set it at 18 degress at idel but the mark is moveing back and forth maybe 2 degrees at idel,havent had a chance to check total no buddy last night,why is this happening now.My old dizzy that I took out was rock steaddy.What are your thoughts,the machinest tore this all apart.

it's the light spring, don't worry about it, as long as it's solid at full advance.

the other would be the timing chain.

Ok some piece of mind, my rpm at idel is set at 950 so maybe the weights are slingen out a bit at that rpm,I will check full and lower my idel speed.

Ok some piece of mind, my rpm at idel is set at 950 so maybe the weights are slingen out a bit at that rpm,I will check full and lower my idel speed.

If in doubt, talk to the guy who did the work. I would guess he had a dist. machine to set it up correctly. He should be able to tell you about when the mechanical advance starts kicking in. And yes, if it idles around 950 rpm it's a good chance that the mechanical advance is starting to advance it!

If in doubt, talk to the guy who did the work. I would guess he had a dist. machine to set it up correctly. He should be able to tell you about when the mechanical advance starts kicking in. And yes, if it idles around 950 rpm it's a good chance that the mechanical advance is starting to advance it!

will do thankssss

Cant be the chain with only 300 miles on it.

what chain?
was the block line honed?

you would be surprised how much a 'new chain' stretches after a few miles, even billet ones...fwi

But I'm going with the spring 'mainly', also watch the distributor for wobbling.

a worn shaft and or bushing can cause a lil variance too.fwiw

but it's probably just the spring if holds steady over full advance.jmo

what chain?
was the block line honed?

you would be surprised how much a 'new chain' stretches after a few miles, even billet ones...fwi

But I'm going with the spring 'mainly', also watch the distributor for wobbling.

a worn shaft and or bushing can cause a lil variance too.fwiw

but it's probably just the spring if holds steady over full advance.jmo

Ok at 2500 rpms all my timeing is in and stays rock steady on the line no moveing.But I have only 31 degress total would like 36,at idel Ihave 18 with vacume advance plug and my line is moveing a bit.What do you think does the slots need to be opened up more.My builder welded them but did not have a dizzy machine.

Before you work on your car you ought to go back to 3rd grade and learn how to spell.

You know screw you, When i first joined here I told everyone how bad my spelling was WHY because I only have grade 8,I make good money even without your high education.Everyone here had no issues and welcome me here.So do me a favour DONT REPLY TO MY POST.:thebirdm:

You know screw you, When i first joined here I told everyone how bad my spelling was WHY because I only have grade 8,I make good money even without your high education.Everyone here had no issues and welcome me here.So do me a favour DONT REPLY TO MY POST.:thebirdm:
Don't let that *** bother you Don, we can't all be perfect like him. If the administrator (Joeychgo) reads this, or anybody else in command I would hope that something can be done with the members that feel they have to "bash" everybody else. I think this is B.S. nobody is perfect and there is absolutely no need for this kind of treatment, it is this kind of crap that spoils an otherwise awesome site. I've been noticing a fair bit of this kind of B.S. in the past few months and it needs to stop before FABO starts losing some very good members.

Don't let that *** bother you Don, we can't all be perfect like him. If the administrator (Joeychgo) reads this, or anybody else in command I would hope that something can be done with the members that feel they have to "bash" everybody else. I think this is B.S. nobody is perfect and there is absolutely no need for this kind of treatment, it is this kind of crap that spoils an otherwise awesome site. I've been noticing a fair bit of this kind of B.S. in the past few months and it needs to stop before FABO starts losing some very good members.

Thanks bro your right.

Before you work on your car you ought to go back to 3rd grade and learn how to spell.

Pound salt you arrogant f**k You got nothing better to do than criticize spelling??? You got issues take them elsewhere. Been lots of issues with people getting burned in deals on here and members chiming in as to how the thieves should be turfed. Well I think the arrogant f**ks should be turfed too. Contribute positively or go back to therapy. Im sure snake could spell pi$$ off, so shut it

Well said ,The thing is we are all here to help each outher out with the love of our cars.PS I talk to my dizzy bilder and he says to just bump my timing up more.Thanks for the suport guys.

Pound salt you arrogant f**k You got nothing better to do than criticize spelling??? You got issues take them elsewhere. Been lots of issues with people getting burned in deals on here and members chiming in as to how the thieves should be turfed. Well I think the arrogant f**ks should be turfed too. Contribute positively or go back to therapy. Im sure snake could spell pi$$ off, so shut it
Well said!!

Cudajim, You have a PM. READ IT .

Snake, carry on. Being an english scholar isn't a requirement to have fun on this site. Enjoy yourself.
Small Block

Before you post on a public forum, you ought to remember your manners! I think those were taught in kindergarten. #-o

Alright Snake, I'll digress. That was a bit harsh and probably politically incorrect. Please accept my sincere apology.

Accept.Thing is I once was a Team Chevelle Member for years and had a few guys that more or less ran me off the board that hit me hard.In the beginning I also let them know of my lack of schooling but some were very bothered with my spelling and grammer.So I sold my 66 396 Beaumont,witch was good because I was always a mopar freak,and now have found great peace belonging to this wonderfull site,for once I feel I fit in somewere.

Accept.Thing is I once was a Team Chevelle Member for years and had a few guys that more or less ran me off the board that hit me hard.In the beginning I also let them know of my lack of schooling but some were very bothered with my spelling and grammer.So I sold my 66 396 Beaumont,witch was good because I was always a mopar freak,and now have found great peace belonging to this wonderfull site,for once I feel I fit in somewere.

You fit in just great and have a beautiful Dart!

And cudajim, that was the way to man up! We are all family here.

Now back to the timing issue at hand please.

-
Back