Times we live in.

-
No offense Asktoro, but I waited until after I finished college and landed a decent job before I got back into cars again. And my first two jobs out of college weren't very good ones. Finally got a good paying job and rented a house with a garage. It was not until 5 years after graduating college when I bought another Mopar. And I actually wasn't even that young when I decided to go back to college. I guess my point is that it's OK to slow down a bit. The internet kinda pushed a lot of us into a "I want it now" mentality. Just gotta have a little patience my young friend. Sacrifice now for your long term goals. You'll be better off in the long run.

Name's Brett, nice to meet you and I know exactly what you're saying and thought about just taking it slow many times. Though I got a fishing boat i never use and am selling it/trading it -- I have all the money i need for schooling that came from grants and scholarships (i work my butt off okey dokey?) so if the boat did sell or someone traded me a car. It'd be a daily driver, while i have dreams of going full blown restro which won't happen for a long time, but at least I'd have a mopar. I feel so dirty driving a ford :|

LOL! No shame in driving a Ford as your DD (although some of the die hard members on here will disagree). I have a Ford DD as well. Here's my advice. Sell the boat. Lock the money up in a CD or a savings account for a few years. When you graduate, use those $'s towards your Mopar. I have no doubt that you are a hard worker. IMO, you should be spending your free time when not working and hitting the books mingling with your peers (ahem..partying). I had a blast when I was in college without having to worry about much of anything else. Still gotta be somewhat responsible. But have fun. Once you finish college and start working, your priorities will shift. But you will never get those college years back. Good luck.

STAN

-
Back