Timeslip calculations...

-

Dartthunder340

Reaction score
Well, I'm too cheap right now to buy a weather station and e.t. predictor. So does anyone do the math on their timeslip at the track? What formulas are you using to figure horsepower, torque, split times, etc. Anything to help me understand what the car is doing and figure out stuff. I think the calculation for m.o.v. is: your e.t. x fastest m.p.h. x 1.146= does that sound right? Thanks for the help.

I had a written formula for the weather, temp, humidity, baro, and corrected altitude as to how it changed my cars performance. Also for how long it was between runs, and I could predict my ET within .007 as long as all other things were equal, the worst variable for that though was traction, (leaf spring, caltrac car) but you have to keep meticulous records of your runs and use only all out runs to figure your averages. I could at one time even figure what the ET would have been if I didn't lift or brake at the stripe but I ran it out to at least the 1000 ft mark. It's going to be a little different for each car so you need to figure your own, buy a weather station and use only that one as they vary considerably.

Oh and MOV stands for margin of victory. If either of you broke out than that's what it is.
Otherwise it's the difference in reaction time and ET and who got the stripe first.

I wouldn't worry about horsepower or any of that stuff, it's immaterial. It makes what it makes, what you want to know is how is that going to affect the ET next round.

Sorry, what I meant was the calculation to figure the distance in feet you won the stripe by. I realize that the other stuff is not really a big deal, I just wanted to do some playing with numbers. I suppose the Moroso slide calc. would probably do just as well, I was just looking for an excuse for some racer math.:p

-
Back