timing chain oiling

-

1340busa

Reaction score
hey guys im installing a 360 magnum in my 72 duster. i pulled off the front of the engine and put on a mopar performance timing chain tensioner and double roller chain. i noticed that none of the bolts securing the tensioner to the block has a hole in it like the la engines do. how does the timing chain get oil? also there wasnt an oil slinger on it. is this normal for magnum engines?

hey guys im installing a 360 magnum in my 72 duster. i pulled off the front of the engine and put on a mopar performance timing chain tensioner and double roller chain. i noticed that none of the bolts securing the tensioner to the block has a hole in it like the la engines do. how does the timing chain get oil? also there wasnt an oil slinger on it. is this normal for magnum engines?
Yes ,it is.

What if you put an LA timing cover on a Magnum engine, do you use the LA oil slinger?

I did, and the drip plate as well.
Also the magnum has a flat plastic coated washer under the bolt for the damper so it's a good idea to use it, or use sealer when you put the damper on because oil will travel between the crank nose and the damper causing an oil leak.

I did, and the drip plate as well.
Also the magnum has a flat plastic coated washer under the bolt for the damper so it's a good idea to use it, or use sealer when you put the damper on because oil will travel between the crank nose and the damper causing an oil leak.
Same as Trailbeast just put my 5.9 together last weekend. Using LA cover drilled the bottom bolt on the cam retainer plate used the LA drip plate and LA slinger.

20170312_151921.jpg

-
Back