Timing cover gasket?

-

SGGDuster

Dreaming of Burnt Rubber
Reaction score
Hey I discovered that the engine issues that I posted 2 weeks ago were due to the timing being off by 15* initial!!! I can't believe that thing still ran, let alone made it up the hill to my house. Anyway, my newest question is whether or not to use a gasket or a slathering of Permatex for the timing chain cover. I have a gasket for the new water pump, but not for the timing cover. Plenty of permatex though...... :thumblef:

if you want it done right then by all means use permatex, but if you dont want to have to worry about it ever again??? id use a gasket.. but im finiky

Cerwin

Do it right the first time or the thing will leak. Just because. If you were stuck somewhere where they didn't have a gasket like the side of the road i'd say yes but your not, unless you have a really nice wireless internet setup.

Oh yeah satellite internet!! I'm actually on the South Pole right now :color: Alright alright, I've rushed through enough things and made sh*t harder down the road in the past. Thought I'd ask, one never knows...

Thanks guys!

Killer internet man.. And everyone knows.. spend that little bit now to save alot later.. :thumblef:

You might have to hold off on the satellite internet service for a month to cover the cost of the gasket.

-
Back