Timing Covers

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I was wondering if different years of slants have timing tabs in various spots on the timing cover or possibly none at all. I pulled the cover off one and theres no timing tab on it. If I read the block correctly its a 65

My 65 Belvedere has a timing tab that is held on by a cover bolt, lower corner of driver side cover. I have a 79 engine with the timing tab bolted towards the center of the dover, above the balancer.

I kind of remember seeing something like that when I got this but it had all kinds of odd stuff like a Rochester throttlebody, an empty dist with a big alumn block outside of it. I'm not sure if I kept it. Darn. I love your avatar.

My 65 Belvedere has a timing tab that is held on by a cover bolt, lower corner of driver side cover.

My 64 225 has the bolt-on style tab like Badvert says. It is located by a dowel pin and a timing cover screw holds it in place.
Put out a part wanted post and one will turn up.

I kind of remember seeing something like that when I got this but it had all kinds of odd stuff like a Rochester throttlebody, an empty dist with a big alumn block outside of it. I'm not sure if I kept it. Darn. I love your avatar.

Avatar is a pic of a Kenny Youngblood drawing of my 65 Sport Fury (440 Tunnel Ram).
I love that car. My brother got me the drawing for a birthday gift. It is awesome.

Not a good pic, I enlarged it from an older shot.
w86ZDu.jpg

-
Back