Tire fitment

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, Will a 295/65/15 ET street radial fit in the wheel well of a 1971 Duster with the proper back space of rim, there 30 inch in diameter 10.9 tread width and11.8 section width this is on a stock 8 3/4 suspension stock spring width. thanks for any help:thankyou:

Just my humble opinion. Too much tire. remember that the car doesn't just go up and down but the body roles too and with that much tire I suspect you will be rubbing the inner fender well. My 67 dart with 205 /70R14 has rubbed the inner fender on a lean with passengers in the rear. stock back spacing, etc. Back in the day I had 295 /50R15 on the back of a 56 ford pickup looked good. but it had a much wider stance.

I'm running 275 60's on 15x8 with superstock springs

IMG_8908.JPG
IMG_8909.JPG
stew.jpg

I don`t know squat about dusters, and that body style. But u ,might try 3/4" offset spring hangars, w/ a little massaging a few spots in the inner wheel house, and stretching the front of the rear wheel well opening, (make it the same as the stock shape, and take it clear to the inner body panel) , I did, and have 295 65 15 d.r. on a 68 fastback, w/ no rubbing, on a complete caltrac set up. Not sure, but I always thot the 67-69 barracudas had the smallest wheel openings in the rear, and the smallest engine bays. I know my engine bay sure looks smaller than others w/ r/blocks in them.

-
Back