Tire leaning out Passenger Side

-

75dodgedart

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have this ongoing problem here trying to get my front end correct on my 75 dodge dart 2 door. I have replaced everything on my front end also got both k members welded up, Everything was replaced, I drove it down the road after the strut rod bushing were put in, and the tire is leaning out from the top on the passenger side, and eating the tire up, took it into the alignment shop to get it aligned, they told me my right lower control arm bushing was bad (replaced that right before this), left lower ball joint(replaced as well before this), idler and pitman arm (both replaced before)...the Front end is loose, the tires will straighten up form simply moving the steering wheel a bit,the shop does not want to work on it....I am at a lost here, I am in the San Diego East county region, I could really use some help here, all input is appreciated, just want to be back on the road again was just about to change out my slant 6 to new headers and intake :\, now its got to wait, THANK YOU ALL!

MOPAR 4 LIFE

Do you think this was a reputable shop? Were they telling you because they got some MOVEMENT of the front end that should not be there? IF that is the case, you surely must have some sort of frame?? weld?? structural?? damage that is allowing this movement. Is it possible that the structure of the car is dangerously rusty?

Otherwise, I'd find another shop---and not some "chain store," either. You need some greasy old guy who's been around awhile, and probably doesn't use the newest, flashiest computerised gizmo to "align" front ends

Its a reputable shop not the computer type of place , they showed me movement that shouldn't of been there for example the right lower control arm had movement in it and I just replaced the bushing and the k member welded up, the left lower ball joint was moving all around and I just replaced it, the idler had play and so did the pitman and I replaced em, so The shop told me they did'nt want to align it because it woudnt" hold one", I am at a lost and just want to fix this all and get back on the road I don't want to even think about selling her, all help is most appreciated!

MOPAR 4 LIFE!

I'd check to make sure your frame is straight. I've seen them get like that before and its usually after some sort of structual damage.

yes the lower arm is moving, Just need to figure out this problem

MOPAR 4 LIFE

I dont have any pictures at the moment, the tire is leaning out from the top, and the inner part of the tire is leaning in, I had replaced the parts before, now I am going to replace them again and inspect, but something is seriously loose looks like the lower control arm on the passengers side , they told be the bushing went bad , but honestly how can it go bad in a matter of weeks? All input is appreciated,

MOPAR 4 LIFE

what brand of parts did you use? I have had some cheap chinese suspension parts go bad very quickly

The lower control arm sleeve in your K frame may have busted loose.

I have two of them here that are like that.

The lower control arm sleeve in your K frame may have busted loose.

I have two of them here that are like that.

yeah thats what I was thinking too.

I welded the driver side up, but someone else did the pass side.
I hope my weld held, I had to fill a lot of gap 3/4 way round the sleeve, luckily the lower portion was still a 'natural seem' so it went together right as to not jack the suspension geometry out.

I wouldn't think the bushing to be bad unless you weld did break and you drove it hard, then maybe it could pinch but I dunno...

Ok y'all Im back Again :)

Ok so The bushing was pinched on the pass side and somehow dry rotted on the drivers side, I HAD JUST HAD THEM PRESSED IN AND REPLACED 2 MONTHS PREVIOUSLY.. THEY WERE SPICER HOUSE BRAND, So I got MOOG this time, and restored my lower arms, got degreaser and steel wire brushes and cleaned up up, primed and painted glossy black, they came out really good wish I had pics, so we put it back together, took it to the shop. my steering gear box is fucked, found a new one for 80 out here in Santee,CA, gotta love wholesale pricing :) Got to install it, the gear box was fucked, the gear box has so much play I can rotate the wheel once without it changing the wheels :stop: scary.. lol,
talk to you all soon

thank you and god bless

MOPAR 4 LIFE

Ok y'all Im back Again :)

Ok so The bushing was pinched on the pass side and somehow dry rotted on the drivers side, I HAD JUST HAD THEM PRESSED IN AND REPLACED 2 MONTHS PREVIOUSLY.. THEY WERE SPICER HOUSE BRAND, So I got MOOG this time, and restored my lower arms, got degreaser and steel wire brushes and cleaned up up, primed and painted glossy black, they came out really good wish I had pics, so we put it back together, took it to the shop. my steering gear box is fucked, found a new one for 80 out here in Santee,CA, gotta love wholesale pricing :) Got to install it, the gear box was fucked, the gear box has so much play I can rotate the wheel once without it changing the wheels :stop: scary.. lol,
talk to you all soon

thank you and god bless

MOPAR 4 LIFE

You get what you pay for with steering boxes... Make your Dart feel like a Porsche and sink $400 into a Firm Feel one. Best front-end mod I've done to my Duster so far...

just go to the wrecking yard and pull another power box.

the diff is $450 and something you really don't need, you need a good working box to begin with, not a fast ratio $450 upgrade.

think about what you are driving, don't put the cart before the horse, thats a young person mistake.

let me know if you need some help, we're planing a yard trip soon.

OK sweet, good to know :) Yes I could really use some help, trying to get this beauty back to PRIME, I will post more updates here shortly ,

Thank you all and God Bless

MOPAR 4 LIFER

I lost your number wildncrazyguy, when you planning ? Hit me up,

Peace,

thank you and god bless

MOPAR 4 LIFE8)

-
Back