Tire pressure 1973 340 Dart Sport

-

73Dart340Sport

73dart340
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe I cannot find the recommended tire pressure for my car. The sticker is history and google no longer knows. I have T/As on it. (I vaguely recall 24/34psi but my memory stinks)

Thanks

Mark

A car doesn't care what PSI is in the tire . The tire does.. If you car or owners manual had a PSI recommendation if would be relative to the tires that came on it from the factory. Your TAs will have psi on the sidewall

Last edited:
A car doesn't care what PSI is in the tire . The tire does.. If you car or owners manual had a PSI recommendation if would be relative to the tires that came on ot from the factory. Your TAs will have psi on the sidewall

The T/A sidewall stated pressure is 35. However the A bodies a a lower rated pressure in the front tires.

Something you can do to determine the correct tire pressure.

Go get some carbon paper. Lay out a piece of paper put the carbon paper on it and another paper on it. Then slowly drive one of the cars tired over it. If all works out you will have an outline of the foot print of your tire. Deflate the tire some and do it again. At some point you will see no transfer in the center or no transfer on the outsides, what you are looking for is the widest uniform transfer.

There are other ways to do this, chalk is one way. Dampen the tire drive over paper, basically anything that will show the contact to the ground.

You might also be able to contact the tire manufacturer, give them the weight on the particular wheel and ask their recomendation

Something you can do to determine the correct tire pressure.

Go get some carbon paper. Lay out a piece of paper put the carbon paper on it and another paper on it. Then slowly drive one of the cars tired over it. If all works out you will have an outline of the foot print of your tire. Deflate the tire some and do it again. At some point you will see no transfer in the center or no transfer on the outsides, what you are looking for is the widest uniform transfer.

There are other ways to do this, chalk is one way. Dampen the tire drive over paper, basically anything that will show the contact to the ground.

You might also be able to contact the tire manufacturer, give them the weight on the particular wheel and ask their recomendation
C

Take the temp across the tread after driving it, if its hotter in the middle lower the pressure till the temp is even across the tread. If the alignment is off you will get a false reading.

-
Back