tire size question

-

gpreston57

Reaction score
I have factory rims, 74 swinger want to go back with orig. hub caps, what are the widest tires I can put on these?

Depends on rim width. Some cars has 4½" wide rims, others had 5½ as installed from the factory. The largest tire that I found to fit on a 4½" rim was a P185/70-14. That is the minimum width rim acceptable for this tire.

The minimum acceptable on a T/A, P215/70-14, is a 5½" wide rim. Honestly, I am surprised. I originally thought it might go to 205. In going through the charts, I noted that as sidewall profile dropped, rim width requirement went up.

Hope this helps.

Depends on rim width. Some cars has 4½" wide rims, others had 5½ as installed from the factory. The largest tire that I found to fit on a 4½" rim was a P185/70-14. That is the minimum width rim acceptable for this tire.

The minimum acceptable on a T/A, P215/70-14, is a 5½" wide rim. Honestly, I am surprised. I originally thought it might go to 205. In going through the charts, I noted that as sidewall profile dropped, rim width requirement went up.

Hope this helps.

X2 wider tires require wider rims to perform properly

-
Back