Tire sizes

-

mopowermatt

mopowermatt
Reaction score
I am building a 72 dodge dart and I am almost finished with the motor now it is time to build the tranny rearend and tires. I don't know how big I can go in the back. The car should push 5-600 horses so I need to go big. What size do all you guys use.

thanks

I know the old centerlines are out of style but they make one thats about 9 1/2" wide with 71/4 " backspacing that works really good with a none narrowed housing.
A 9 by 30 slick fits with this combo. With a mini tub I have no problem with a 12 1/2 ( section) by 29.

What Kind Is The Best Bfg Or Nitto What Do You Guys Like? Street Tires And Slicks Is There A Big Difference. I Don't Want People To ***** When I Go Street Race With Slicks Or Is It Worth Having Race Slicks

AdamR said:
M/T Drag radials hook like a slick and ride like a radial.

Have them and I agree with Adam.
But there should be a commercial posted here soon for Hoosiers from Mikesduster. :-\"
:glasses8:

LOL, Hoosiers are great if you like dry rotted tires in 4 months.

If you have an engine that makes that much power you had better have one helluva tire under her butt....if you go the mini tub and spring relocation route well then you can use a 325 50 15 or 28 13.5 15 tire..I am using the 28" ET streets on a 15X10 cop car rim!..Fills the wheelwell completely...Lots of tire little slip......

i know that i have a wider wheel well on my duster but my 26x10.5x15" sportsman pro tires hook pretty good even on the street but this tire may be a lttle to radical to drive as a street tire it is NOT for grocery getting;) i use it but its probably not a smart move.. believe the dragradials are some of the best!

-
Back