Tire/wheel question

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Later this winter I plan on replacing my 14-inch ralley wheels with 15X7 ralleys. But probably just the rear wheels. I'll leave the fronts on. I am still undecided about tires. Right now I have:

Cooper Cobra tires
Front: 195/70/14
Rear: 215/70/14

What I am leaning towards are

BF Goodrich tires
Front: 225/60/14
Rear: 245/60/15

So my question is will there be any noticable drag in the cars performance since there will be greater rolling mass? The rear tires will be wider and taller than my current setup. I only want to do this due to a more agressive look and stance. But being wider won't they bite better when taking off?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

They may bite better. Performance will probably drop, but not due to rolling mass. Because the rolling diameter of the tire is larger, it will act like a lower numeric rear axle. BFG's website has rolling diameter of their tires, so you can compare.

The 225/60-14 ought to fit under the front fenders with no problems. I'll let others chime in on the rear. I run 235/60-15s all around on the Demon. The rears are close to the springs, but no problems have been observed.

Thanks 72 demon.

There website shows my current rear tires rotate 803 times where a 245/60/15 would have 782 revolutions. The 235/60/15 would be 797 revolutions which probably wouldn't be very noticable. That may be my choice.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/radial-t-a/12.html

However if I took that same size for a 14-inch wheel the revolutions would be much greater at 829. It's definetly something to think about. I always thought 15-inch wheels looked real good on these cars. I have all winter to debate on the best choice though. Its always hard to pick out tires when you can't view them on the car lol.

-
Back