Tired Old '67 Dart GT

-

thepaintguy

Reaction score
Yes, tired- Tired of sitting in the barn waiting for completion. "67 383HP, Schumacher Performance Engine mounts in a later Spool Mount Engine Cradle, Schumacher Torque Strap, mini starter, and Coated Headers to complete dual exhaust, with turn downs at the rear bumber. Rebuilt Torque Flight 727, with 2200 stall convertor, '70 8&3/4 Sure Grip with 489 Case packed with 3.55:1 Gears. US Car Tool Frame Connectors, GTS Wheels with dog dish's. Radiator is in, trans cooling lines hooked up. Brand New Kelsey Hays Manual Disc Brakes up front with new rotors(NAPA!), all brakes lines in and bled. Main fuel line is in, temp line from fuel pump to temp carb. Swapped from power steering to close ratio manual steering box.
The door jambs, trunk, and engine compartment, are all cut in. Aftermarket f-glass hood. I have minor work to do to rear quarters before final paint. Almost all my original GT Trim, Emblems, etc, is nearing completion of the restoration process. That's some tedious work and my local guy- Steven at Cuda Ranch is doing a sweet job on the brite-work. Cuda Dave sent me some nice re-chromed bumpers from North Georgia. I do have a beautiful Black GT Interior, new black carpet, and a new black vinyl top to install. Brand new brake lamp assemblies. Only bad thing, but really a good thing, is a complete a/c set up from Old Air Products- Hey this is Florida, and I damn sure won't be sitting at a traffic light in 97+ Degrees, 97+ Humidity without cold a/c.
I'm just whining right now... too many people want their toys painted also right now... so my Tired *** Old Dart has about 4 hours actual run time in the last four years, idling in and out of the barn/paint shop. I think I'm going to build an electrified gate out front- at least till I get my '67 Dart GT on the road. Its tough turning down work, I'm doing a forty foot coach, an airplane, a beautiful '67 Chevy C-10, a '68 BB Dart Nostalgia Race Car- right now!
Yes, that electrified gate out front just might slow business down enough for me to finish my Bad Boy.
Just whining fellow A Body Guys, I'm wanting to smoke off a set of rear grippers to get my ya-ya's out. One more month of nose to the grind stone and it damn sure is going to happen!
Thanks for hearing whine like a whipped pup.
thepaintguy

-
Back