Tires and wheel combo Duster 1970

-

Nico383

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I'm running 15 inches wheels at the front and rear of my car (aero race wheels).
I had this front wheels from a friend that had an accident and I know this wheels are not perfectly round.
With 225mm wide tires, I don't have clearance enough : the tire hits the fender.

It makes two reasons to change my front wheels. I read I should run 14 inches wheels at the front so I looked for aero race wheels in 14 inches but they don't make this size. So I had a look to basset wheels and found this reference :

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/bsw-47sf3/overview/

Here are my questions : Do you know if this rims will fit on my 1970 Plymouth duster (I'm not used to backspace measurement). I guess most of you know this kind of wheels, do you think that with a bit of "make up" it will be hard to spot that I run basset at the front and aero race at the rear?

I plan to change only front wheels as I'm in France and shipping costs are killing us for this kind of stuffs.

And if, by any chance, some of you can post pictures of a basset wheel and a aero race one to compare, it would be awesome!

Cheers,

Nico

That wheel does not have enough back space.
The duster will need around 4.25 inches of back space to fit a 7" wide wheel.

No that would make it worse.

You need to measure the bolt pattern on your car.

Bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5 (I changed my hubs and drivetrain shafts)

-
Back