Tires for 15x3.5" wheels

-

nasty68

Reaction score
I have a set of 15x3.5" weld prostars on the dart. I was curious as to what size tire you guys with 3.5" rims use?

I have 165-85R15 Kumhos. They're radials. They drive so much better than the M/T sportsmans I had on there before.

I will have to check out the kumhos cause i would like to run at least a 26" tall but prefer a 27" tall tire.

this may be a stupid question,but what difference does tire height in the front matter,other than looks?Ive always adjusted my ride height depending on what size tire i have to pretty much keep the same clearance

Could you please tell me where you got your tires? I went to the Khumos website and they did not have that size. I'm very interested as I have a set of M/T sportsmans and the car drives very scary.

I got mine through Discount tire. Yeah, my sportsmans made my duster feel like it had 300,000 miles on the front end parts while they were new. The new radials makes it drive fantastically.

try tirerack.com Kumho power star 758 165-80-15 they're listed as tires for a 73 VW beetle. I think they were $45. Discount tire should be able to get them for you.

It is somewhat for looks but also when you get the tire looking good in the wheelwell, a taller tire will also get the underneath a little more off of the ground. From a drag racing point of view it will give you a little more roll out and less chance of red lighting.

this may be a stupid question,but what difference does tire height in the front matter,other than looks?

A taller tire will have a bigger sidewall. This will ride slightly better due to being able to absorb and cusion more and at the same time handle slightly worse due to being a little more mushy.

Go with the 165R15 or 165/80R-15 (same size tires). There are a lot of different manufactures. eBay can get you a pair delivered in the U.S. starting at $120.00 and go up to about $180.00 for the more expensive ones.

-
Back