Title Help

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
A friend is having a hard time getting his car registered. He only has a copy of the title and that is not working here in South Carolina any more. he needs the real title or a new one with the vin plate any ideas.

Go to the BMV and apply for a lost title. I had to do the same recently and it cost me about 10 bucks and got a new title in 5 days. Pretty painless.

if the title is not in his name he will need to convince the person who's name appears on the title to go down and apply for a duplicate, I have found most people are willing to go to the trouble if you offer to pay all the cost and offer them an extra $50 or $100 incentive (it is well worth $100)

If you can convince the owner to go down there, transfer the title right then,thus kill 2 birds with one stone...

if he has a bill of sale from owner of vehicle that it was titled to, the dmv should be able to get you a new title. if not you will have to track who has owned vehicle in its past. it cost me $350 to get a new title to a duster i got in a trade. took 4 weeks and you have to have the local police do a vin. inspection. if you need more info on that route let me know and i'll send you the title companies info.

I think he has it going know. i am going to say how but he has it going on. I have a clear title on mine it was a friend for real.

-
Back