TKO 600 ....Anyone done one?

-
Ya, I read the site info and it sounds like a good idea if you are starting from scratch, but to put more money and work into changing gears when the diff is new and ready to go doesn't make sense to me at this point.
I honestly have to say that right now I'm leaning toward the T-5. All the info I've received up to now on T-5's is based on guys slapping a stock T-5 into a car cause it was cheap and then when it finally blows up (usually after a 2 or 3 years of street/strip use) they say the T-5 isn't strong enough. The strongest stock T-5 built was only intended for 330 FT Lbs.of torque and yet people are surprised how long they hold up behind a 450 or 500 ft lb engine in stock form. Now I just have to decide on the super
T-5 from American Powertrain or the G Force(more money and longer wait but beefier case). If I was to go with the TKO 600 I would not use a stock one and by the time Liberty adds the mods to make it shift properly it's about the same cost as the G force T-5. Keep in mind that the quickest I can make this car run at our track without a roll cage is 11.5 sec. I'm not talking about a 10 sec car. Kev

Kevin, i dont understand why you would pay more for a t5 over a tko??? the liberty tko will outlast ANY t5 whether it was built by g-force or God himself...and i wouldnt even use a g-force t5, check out astro performance, they sell thicker gears, but they dont have the dogring option (not sure if your looking for that)...Dont be fooled man, the guys who have good luck with t5's are using them in light mustangs and only getting a few passes out of them...it doesnt make much sense to put one in....

its like a ticking time bomb....can strap on a 400 shot to stock bottem end motor and run it? sure...but the question is how long will it last? not long...so a tko is a bit heavier and eats slightly more horsepower, but for a "drag car" i think id rather trade off some of that for peace of mind in the strength department any day of the week

-
Back