Tkx swap guys- have questions

-

SlantedDart

Reaction score
Gen 3 hemi to tkx. I have a quick time bell RM6071 and having trouble with starter. What bell housing are you guys using? Thanks

I worked on a Cuda with a 340 & a TKO that was eating starters... Four starters failed in less than a year on a car that didn't get driven much... Turned out the QT bell had about .075 runout... The largest offset dowels McRobb was selling was less than half of what was needed... I wound up machining custom dowels but then the bolt holes didn't line up & I was about to elongate the holes when the owner decided to buy another bell... He didn't buy a QT the second time, just bought a Silver Sport bell... And it dropped on and needed nothing... Hasn't killed a starter since & the trans shifts better...

I worked on a Cuda with a 340 & a TKO that was eating starters... Four starters failed in less than a year on a car that didn't get driven much... Turned out the QT bell had about .075 runout... The largest offset dowels McRobb was selling was less than half of what was needed... I wound up machining custom dowels but then the bolt holes didn't line up & I was about to elongate the holes when the owner decided to buy another bell... He didn't buy a QT the second time, just bought a Silver Sport bell... And it dropped on and needed nothing... Hasn't killed a starter since & the trans shifts better...
Man that sucks. Well I’m questioning this bell all I’ve heard it bad news with the starter not living

-
Back