To keep the trim or not

-

FlyingFalcon

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 1970 Dart Swinger. It came with the side trim. However I don't have the trim. I'm going to do my build a little different than some. I'm trying to decide if I should keep the trim and cut it off right before the butt stripe. Or should I just fill the holes? Filling the holes would put my project back quite a bit, as I can't do it myself. I have to wait for my father to help me out. My other option is to pay someone to do it. Which, with my high school budget is constantly a problem. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks all, Cameron

I was thinking about leaving mine off when I redid my car but decided to keep it. I think they look better with it. Others may disagree. I saw some of both at Mopars in the park and depending on the car it looks good both ways. I haven't seen one that is cut off before the stripe so can't really comment on that. What color car and stripe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 94
Both of my 1970 Darts have the side moldings, I love the way they look also.

I was thinking about leaving mine off when I redid my car but decided to keep it. I think they look better with it. Others may disagree. I saw some of both at Mopars in the park and depending on the car it looks good both ways. I haven't seen one that is cut off before the stripe so can't really comment on that. What color car and stripe?

31vfC8VDEpL.jpg

Gulfstream Aqua Metallic. With a matte black stripe. I really like the trim but I'm worried it won't look right with the car. I really like the way it looks on your car though.

If you don't have a vinyl top, the trim might help break up the color a bit. Just my two cents but do what makes you happy. If it were me I would keep the trim, but if everybody thought the same as me, our cars would all look the same.

If you don't have a vinyl top, the trim might help break up the color a bit. Just my two cents but do what makes you happy. If it were me I would keep the trim, but if everybody thought the same as me, our cars would all look the same.

Vinyl top will come later. When funds allow it. I definitely want one. It's still awhile away from paint so I've got a long while to sort everything out. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks!

-
Back