To trim or not to trim?

Trim or no trim?

• Total voters
-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm starting to think about my body work and got to wondering if I should reuse my trim around the back window and pillers. Originally my car was sienna and white and had the trim like a vinyl top without the top. Now I'm repainting it black I had planned on leaving the trim off but now that I see it I kinda like it what do you guys think?

20180829_092750.jpg

20180829_092743.jpg

Looks less grandma. Lol I'm doing steel wheels with dog dish caps color matching the car (black) I think the lack of trim will make it look more "muscle" but I'm curious to see others opinions.

I like vinyl tops, but its your choice. No vinyl top, no trim is the way to go for a murdered out blacked out car if that's what you like! I wanted to paint my notch black and put a vinyl top on it for a triple black car.

If the top isn't being painted a different color, or if it's not getting a vinyl top, the trim should be deleted. It'll look silly being on there for "no reason".

My original idea was to do black with a white vinyl top but then I started leaning towards all black. However nothing is set in stone yet I still really like the burnt orange color.

If the top isn't being painted a different color, or if it's not getting a vinyl top, the trim should be deleted. It'll look silly being on there for "no reason".

I agree,... I see a lot of cars that didn't put the vinyl top back on, but put the trim back on. I always wonder why they put the vinyl top trim back on with no vinyl. I think it looks silly as 69_340_GTS said.

I always wondered why mine didn't have a vinyl top. It had the trim and the white roof but no vinyl Iv always wanted to put one on it but never could afford it. I might one day.

Does your fender tag show V02 for two tone paint?

I always wondered why mine didn't have a vinyl top. It had the trim and the white roof but no vinyl Iv always wanted to put one on it but never could afford it. I might one day.
I like the two-tone paint option better. Plus you're not limited to certain colors. Dartfreak75 could paint the car black with an orange top if he wanted to (if "factory correctness" is not an issue).

I like the two-tone paint option better. Plus you're not limited to certain colors. Dartfreak75 could paint the car black with an orange top if he wanted to (if "factory correctness" is not an issue).
At one time I had considered doing black with a white roof. I have white interior I think that would look good maybe even add a white tail strip.

I'm seriously considering putting it back orginal the more I look at them old pics the more I want to resurrect it.

Can you get a photo of that section of your broadcast sheet? VL1 does not compute......

So it did have a vinyl top on it? Wow I never knew that it wasn't on there when I got it. I bought it off the original owners son the original owner was a little old lady she had passed away in 95 and the car sat until I bought it in 2001. I just always assumed it was painted white from the factory

Well I guess that settles the debate in my head I'm going back with the two tone white vinyl top with whatever color I decide. I was looking last night and found a few color options that are similar to original color. I will post the colors later

Here is a photo of the car when i first her this is the day I picked her up.

20180829_104610.jpg

Paint it EL5 with a white top and black stripes
That would be pretty. I'm leaning towards burnt orange/copper color it would be similar to original but lighter. I'm looking at this color from summit. I'm thinking about starting a thread on paint choices to get you guys input.

sum-up608.jpg

Even though my duster is EV2, my vote will always be EL5
I don't think the wife will let me repaint the duster so I might just have to buy me another one and paint that EL5

There is even an odd ford truck running around town that looks to be that color and it just plain works

-
Back