Todays Chores

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1. Wake up and type this post out.

2. Make wife favorite breakfast. (serve to her in bed)

3. Open big brown box that arrived Thursday. Again

4. Start drooling again.

5. Take new cam, lifters, pushrods, stud conversion kit and roller rockers out to garage.

6. Assemble top end of 360.

7. Check everything 3 times.

8. Install engine into Demon.

9. Hook up all of the other things that I unhooked to get engine out.

10. Prime engine one last time. Oil and gas.

11. Fill coolant.

12. Start car and pray that this cam lives longer than 23 minutes.

I don't know about you but that sounds like a pretty good way to spend a Sunday.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Start car and pray that this cam lives longer than 23 minutes.........

Everytime I open the garage door I'm greeted with my engine sitting on the stand and I wonder the same thing.........good luck, your in my prayers.
nerv0003.gif

BTW: DON'T skip #2. Just in case there's problems you want the wife on your side
misc0003.gif

The only problem with #2 is it takes several hours to get out of the bedroom.....! The Dart gets negected....

great plan! and make sure to not forget #2 if the the cam dies within 23 minutes you can probalbly go back to wife in the bed and forget about the cam for a while;)
good luck with the cam!

go for it. cam will be fine!! (keeping positive, just make sure your running something like 15w-40, you prime the system, also make sure theres plenty-o-cam-lube on the lobes :D)

With all this talk of correct lube, bedroom times, and breaking in your cam I kinda forgot what we were talking about.....
love0002.gif

Either way, I hope it lasts more than 23 minutes
love0001.gif

Good luck Jack,you could use some!
exct0003.gif

I spent the day in the garage myself finished up the cowl on my Duster and got it primered.
My last task was to strip the paint off the cowl vent,what a pain in the butt getting the paint off all those little bars it took me about 3 hours!
scld0005.gif

There was no way I was going to skip #2. A little TLC to the wife goes a long way when something does go wrong.
I didn't get the engine started. I was being extra carefull putting this thing together and ran out of time. There is always Monday night and Tuesday night..........
One thing that did go wrong was they sent me the wrong pushrods. My MP rods worked perfect though.

Jack

-
Back