Todays score

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Got these from a member (thanks Ed) today.Got to be the cleanest 340 exh manifolds I have ever seen,they look like they have never been on a car,inside and out.Plan on putting these on my 318 for now.I bought a dual mandrell exhaust kit from Summit.Teamed up with these manifolds and it should wake the 318 up a bit.

I have been tossing around between headers and these.I am trying to build a sleeper car and didnt want to change the shift linkage at this time,and these came up so..........to be continued. :yawinkle:

John

Picture 374.jpg

very nice. hey ed! wheres my set? now i know what to put on my x-mas list!! hint hint..! nice score there johnny.

I took a set of headman headers off a 318 and put a set of those on.
The headers were a pain and hung so low and leaked some and it did my 73 challenger good. Congratulations Johnny Looks like Ed set you up with a hard to find item.

man Johnny Dart that is exactly what i got for my wifes dart. we are going the same route i think. i am trying to clone the 340 look on the 318. good luck and when i am finished we can compare notes !! lol :toothy7:

memike said:
I took a set of headman headers off a 318 and put a set of those on.
The headers were a pain and hung so low and leaked some and it did my 73 challenger good. Congratulations Johnny Looks like Ed set you up with a hard to find item.

Well they cost me a couple bucks ...SSSHHHHHHHH,the wife could be listening,but ya Ed set me up.

How did your car run with the 340 manifolds?

John

7demon2 said:
man Johnny Dart that is exactly what i got for my wifes dart. we are going the same route i think. i am trying to clone the 340 look on the 318. good luck and when i am finished we can compare notes !! lol :toothy7:

Ya,340 clone car is what I am shooting for.

I bought a 2.50" a-body mandrell bent dual exhaust kit from summit to pair up with these.Should be a good little combo.I will let you know how it goes.

Comparing notes sounds great !!!!!!!

Picture 373.jpg

Picture 239.jpg

nice score johnny see you at the fling

Hay Johnny If I remember rite it took 3 10th off my 1/8 mile time.
And it was a 318 73 a/c auto matic car. My wife and I drove,
White vynel ,white int on ralley red,20 years ago.
It was not real fast, 10.50 1/8, All stock.

Have Someone already done that?The only thing you have to do is pull out the 318 E.M and put the 340 E.M isn't it?What's the diference between them?more exaust capacity?

LowDart said:
Have Someone already done that?The only thing you have to do is pull out the 318 E.M and put the 340 E.M isn't it?What's the diference between them?more exaust capacity?

It seems as thow a couple people have done this.The 340 manifolds has bigger ports than the tiny 318,and flows much better.In reality the 318 can only flow as much as the tiny 318 heads will allow,but these with the dual exhaust should un-cork it a bit.If I ever go to a 340/360 the exhaust will be done.

Installation is the same,just use a 340 exh gasket !!!!

Someone got a pair of these 340 e.m 4 Sale?i liked the idea of an upgrade on my exaust sistem without :banghead: and spend a lot of money .

LowDart said:
Someone got a pair of these 340 e.m 4 Sale?i liked the idea of an upgrade on my exaust sistem without :banghead: and spend a lot of money .

The only problem with these is they are not cheap.
They are starting at around $300.00. :sad1:

-
Back