Today's THE DAY!!!! :-D

-
congrets on the upgrade i hear ur the best and will soon judge for my self will be sendind parts soon as there finished being fabbed up good luck bob

Good job Leanna,

I know you've been needing that bigger oven. Like it has been said before, for all you guys needing powder coating, "Leanna's your man!!"

She's the best! Good luck! Let the jobs commence!

Jeff Strong
www.StrongKeepsakeImages.com

No worries Zach ... I'll do my best to take care of ya and turn your car part dreams into reality. Hey, with all that talent of yours you can photoshop your parts so I know exactly what you want haaaaaaaaaaa!

* * *​

Well, I got all the 'construction dust' cleaned out of the oven yesterday evening and started loading it up last night with its first run.

I think I've got all of the "specializing in smaller parts" type language now removed from my website (let me know if you find something I missed though LOL) and the Price Lists have some new additions. Hmmmm ... you guys think I need a section on semi truck parts??? I never expected to get into that but I guess I sure can now. :-D

* * *​

Now I have to thank ya'll one more time but for a totally different reason.

Though I may be burning bridges with this, it's long overdue in my opinion. I've been a member of another online model-specific motorhead group for several years now, and when I announced the new oven's pending arrival last week two of its 1400+ members replied. One was very nice ... the other, in its entirety, was "Dose this also mean that we are going to get a monthly calender chic photo?" Mom always said that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all ... but the classiest reply I can come up with to the latter comment is this: :thebirdm:

The fact that this group goes out of their way as a whole to visibly support other members regardless of what they're working on at the time speaks to the high integrity, great character and car-lovin brother/sisterhood that Mopar fans are known for.

This thread had 300 views and almost two dozen congratulatory replies in less than 12 hours, and that in itself warmed my heart more than my new oven ever could. It's highly likely I'll never do work for most of you but yet you're still there to cheer me on ... share in my good and bad days ... offer a shoulder to lean on when I need one ... give me that slap upside the head when I truly deserve it [you know who you are] ... and watch as this little shop grows to maturity. Customers can't always be counted on for those things, but friends can. And that's enough for me. I'm a better person because I belong to this fine institution. Ya'll make me proud to call myself a FABOer.

A bump to get the word out to the workday readers ... can't let the biggest development in PSC history slip into oblivion. :-D

I got some good news Saturday Leanna =P~
I got my truck back and know I can park Victoria in her nest and start the four barrel and dual exhaust change out :cheers:
So I will be sending some parts to get coated soon :-D

Hey, is that thing big enough to get a pig in? Maybe a small goat? Hehehe.:snakeman:

Great news for you and Victoria both Memike! I know you've been waiting a long time to get started on that stuff.

Sid and Jim, you wouldn't believe how many people asked what I was "gonna be cookin in that thing" while we were building it. One guy offered to rent it for his upcoming pig roast before it was even operable. Unfortunately, meat grease and beautiful powder coating work don't go hand in hand so I had to decline.

One thing I did neglect to mention in my prior posts about this was that Richard went above and beyond the call when it came to building this oven. Before the work started, he spent countless hours researching home made p/c ovens, tracking down the necessary parts, snagging stuff on ebay (the brand new $139 fan motor was a $9.99 score!), etc. Billy often told me "If I hear 'it's almost done' one more time I'm gonna scream! I'm sick of eating supper at ten o'clock. Get the damn thing done, would ya???"

What I really wanna brag about Richard is the fact that THE THING WORKED THE VERY FIRST TIME WE PLUGGED IT IN ... not bad at all for a rookie oven builder and his redheaded assistant! Though its 6 pages of instructions made it seem like we needed electrical engineering degrees to program the Solid State Relay (SSR), the only 'problem' we encountered throughout the entire ordeal of building it was figuring out how to change the SSR from Celsius to Fahrenheit.

I filled the beast up over the weekend and used it for the first time today. It worked beautifully!!! I'm so jazzed I might have to break down and drink a beer.

Oh yeah ... almost forgot. Don't call me too early on Wednesday morning. Richard and I are gonna go party our azzes off tomorrow night and I won't be getting home early. It's finally time to celebrate all our hard work.

Hmmmm.........I have to make a list and look around for some bigger boxes.

Got any powder coat close to Go Mango / Vit. C Orange?

Jim

Congratulations Leanna. You do such great work. Too bad you are so far away from me. The guys up here are really expensive.

Thanks 72Swinger340!

You aren't the first one to have reservations about the distance, but let me toss out a little excerpt from June 2007 from PSC's very first review.

" ... 3 – The reasonable price charged for services rendered. I paid about the same / a little less, including shipping to and from BFE, as I would have to use a sort-of local shop. ...
Harry K., Granville, Ohio"

If you click on the link up there, you can check out a lot more comments like it. I'm also familiar with customs paperwork if that helps.

Appreciate all the views and well wishes gang!

Leanna, Big congrats on the new PC oven. I remember talking to you about it seems like a year or so ago. Great news for sure........you go girl :bootysha:

Your customer service and attention to detail is truly 2nd to none. Your biz should grow like a wildfire now just like FABO. :thumbup:

Thanks Cheryl! Yes, I remember talking to you too ... and missing your air cleaner job by a half an inch due to size restraints. Those days are gone wooooooooo!!!!!!! Glad we could work together on some other stuff though, and appreciate the props ladies. :-D

Congrats on the bigger oven , I'm sure it's just one of many upgrades to be coming as your business grows. We've increased our anodizing tanks size 5 times in the last 11 years. If you do good work and treat people right the work will continue to come. Kev

-
Back