Toggle switches

-

RAMCTD2003

340dart
Reaction score
Everybody was so helpful with my neutral safety switch problem that I have another question. This is for our 89 dodge d-150 that is strictly a drag truck.

My Ignition, Starter, Fuel pump and Electric Water pump are all on toggle switches.

The switches that I have are the cheap ones from Napa/Autozone and I don't trust them.

What would you guys use for this application?

Thanks

Put relays in the system and have the toggles trigger your relays.

Relays and missile switchs.

There is a big difference in current carrying capability between AC and DC rated switches. If you look at the specs for Home Depot/Lowes switches, you will see they are rated for AC voltage and do not have DC ratings. Waytek and other suppliers sell DC rated switches they can carry a large load. Painless wiring also sells switch panels that will carry the current needed for car accessories. Some people prefer not to use relays on race cars because heavy vibration and fender banging/wrecks can knock them out of their sockets.

There is a big difference in current carrying capability between AC and DC rated switches. If you look at the specs for Home Depot/Lowes switches, you will see they are rated for AC voltage and do not have DC ratings. Waytek and other suppliers sell DC rated switches they can carry a large load.

Good info...Waytek website shows that Pollak and Cole Hersee make some heavy duty DC switches...

I got some thru Summit, about $9 each, heavy duty. What I liked was they had long handle levers as mine were dash mounted and sure enough when strapped in that I can reach them with out loosening the belts. Just a thought.

-
Back