too big a difference in front to rear height?

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
What's the biggest difference there should be in tire height from front to rear? Im running 275/60/15s in rear which says they are 27.9 inches tall but measure closer to 27. Im looking at fronts that are 165/80/15s which it says are 25.3, so would that be too big a difference? My old fronts were around 26.5 inches and I think a little shorter would look better. Just seeing what other people think or have experience with.

I have 205-70-14 on the front and 255-60-15 on the rear of my fish. Kinda wish I had gone 60s on front and would like a 27" rear. Maybe a 275-50-15 if it will fit. Want the stance...

Waaaay back in the very early 70s, I was running G60-14 (26.6" dia.) tires on the back of my '69 340 Swinger and D70-14 (24.9" dia.) on the front. Of course, you have to understand the correct stance back then was a little jacked up for weight transfer - kind of a "gasser" look.
The hot set-up back then was also air shocks to raise the back of the car - my Dart was up about maybe about 1.5" in back. I cranked my torsion bars up so the bottom of the car was level. With the smaller tires on the front it gave the image of slightly more front wheel opening above the tire. It was a good look back then and would definitely work with SS rear springs if you're going for the retro look. Maybe I'll do it again when I get my current Dart finished.

Waaaay back in the very early 70s, I was running G60-14 (26.6" dia.) tires on the back of my '69 340 Swinger and D70-14 (24.9" dia.) on the front. Of course, you have to understand the correct stance back then was a little jacked up for weight transfer - kind of a "gasser" look.
The hot set-up back then was also air shocks to raise the back of the car - my Dart was up about maybe about 1.5" in back. I cranked my torsion bars up so the bottom of the car was level. With the smaller tires on the front it gave the image of slightly more front wheel opening above the tire. It was a good look back then and would definitely work with SS rear springs if you're going for the retro look. Maybe I'll do it again when I get my current Dart finished.

Yeah im going for the 70s look. I want the shorter tire to open the wheel well up a little more. I've got the bars cranked up some but don't want to go much higher because I don't want to lose the stance it has.

-
Back