Too loud tickets.....

-
Here it is

45290_3774330269288_1244481024_n.jpg

538791_3774330469293_1925001_n.jpg

487249_3774331869328_657249625_n.jpg

156259_3774330869303_546718239_n.jpg

579946_3774331509319_788475241_n.jpg

the knife shifter is a bit too much. hope he dulled the blade down a bit.. I could see some one slicing themselfs up

What goes wrong with them?

The most fun I had was in the 80's Broke my crank on the way into work. Had an engine at the shop I had been putting together. It was s'posed to be my first date with my wife. Long story cut short , dropped it in had all the parts except collectors. Oops. I drove my bride to be home at 1:30 in the morning with open headers. She lived in s/w Chicago. Of course we got pinched. Cops knew her and let us go with the warning, don't let me catch you rolling through here like that again. Haha.

theres nothing i like better than pulling into walmart, idling up and down the rows, throwing it in neutral and free revving it and setting off car alarms.
I drove Into a apartment complex once and some old b...h came running at me freaking out saying I cant come back in that car! lol my car got 86st:thefinge:

Back in 1981 I had a 74 Dart Swinger 318 that was slightly modified with duals and thrush mufflers. I left work one day and looked up in the rear view mirror and had one of Clarksburg's finest right on my butt. I was working around a maze of streets in a residential area to get to US 19. I got to a stop sign getting ready to make a left and saw reverse lights on the street I was turning on. I zipped around the turn and this old lady backed right into the front fender and door of the cop car. I didn't get a ticket that day but I know I came real close!

Drove my 74 cuda to the muffler shop with open headers once, it was hilarious when I pulled up beside a street car stopped at the lights, all the windows were vibrating on this street car to point where I thought they would blow out, this thing was packed with people they all were freaked out and moved to the side I was on to see what the hell was going on, I started getting freaked out myself fearing the street car would topple over due to major shift in weight to one side. I did come across one cop coming the other direction during my journey and was able to throw it in neutral and shut off the engine in time to coast pass him.

My Mom got a loud exhaust ticket in a 1969 Dart at Pigeon Forge Grand Run Car Show... Of course it did have a 12.5 :1 340 with bullet mufflers! But come on man it's a city wide car show!

My car has cut outs. When I first got it I made caps to cover part of the cut out, used to put them on and take them off a lot. That only lasted a couple weeks, there hasn't been any caps on it since. Drive by a lot of cops, have gotten many thumbs up. Son was drivin it one day he got stopped by a statie so he could "get a better look at the piece of art" :D

First one I was 17 years old and had an f150 with glasspacks...got pulled over and showed the cop my muffler and he gave me a written warning. Second one I was sitting in a parking lot while a cop was walking across in front of me and I had the headers on the dart uncapped...he walked by me and then turned around and came back to inform me that I was lucky that he was busy or else I would have gotten a ticket. Third one my dad and I decided to cruise up to a state park by my house and warm up the tires...I was pulling out and I smoked them and my dad did the same thing behind me in his mustang. Cop pulls out behind him and I didnt see him. We go down the road about half a mile and I kick it sideways going around a turn and look in the rear view mirror expecting to see my dad do the same thing then I see the cop pass him and turn on his lights so I pull into my drive way and then he blocks traffic and signals my dad to pull in behind me. I never said a word to the cop and neither did my dad and he let us go with a warning. My record so far is 22 pull overs and 0 tickets and I am 22 years old.:butthead:

I had 24 points on my license by age 23. Speeding and doing burnouts and power slides thru intersections. I have no idea why my license was not revoked. Now I have no points so my insurance is a bit cheaper I reckon.

I ran straight pipe duals to the bumper in several cars. I really liked the sound.

One straight pipe car I took to college and was pulled over with a stern warning that if I didnt fix the "mufflers" I would get it impounded or some crap. So I had generic turbos added. Then got pulled over by the same cop. He was all pissed off at me again for some reason and I said "that exhaust system is a factory muffler setup and you cannot harass me when I have just spend 200 bucks getting it set up the way you told me to". He let me go with another verbal warning about noise. He was probably just pissed off at all college kids in general.

I ran open headers or manifolds for years on many cars as well. When in town, I would just ease around, hit neutral and kill the engine every time I saw a police car. For those years I lived 20 miles from any town and rarely went into populated areas so the noise was typically never an issue.

Now days I like a pretty quiet exhaust generally. I still like to hear the flowmaster 40s but it gets boring all the noise and moan after a while and I want to operate in sleeper mode or something. Plus in sleeper mode you can do 140 a little more covertly.
I wish there was a really quiet setup that flowed great. I am going to experiment with wave termination and 1/4 wave chambers on my next exhaust system.

My record so far is 22 pull overs and 0 tickets and I am 22 years old.:butthead:
Attitude is everything .I get pulled over occasionally but am usually always able to talk my way out of it . I'm in my late forties ,been driving since I could reach the pedals . Yet I've only had one ticket .

Attitude is everything .I get pulled over occasionally but am usually always able to talk my way out of it . I'm in my late forties ,been driving since I could reach the pedals . Yet I've only had one ticket .
also in my late forties, have had two tickets (one of which I didn't even deserve-honest:angel10:). Haven't even been pulled over that many times (relatively speaking) but have definitely done a couple things...ok, many many things...that could have gotten me in serious kaka with the traffic police.

...they've even seen me do several of them, but never seem that concerned when they see me do them lol.

When I was 17 my 71 Dart had open headers and very rarely had the 3" 1 chamber race flowmasters on it that dumped about the middle of the doors.

I was pulled over in the public park once but the officer just wanted to tell me that I had a cool car.
Also, came back from the drag strip one night and was on the local cruise route. Seen some friends at the McD's parking lot so I pulled through, hung a right with the car about 5,000rpm going sideways and faintly heard the yelling of COP!! Right when the car swung around heading down the side road I saw one the officers in his car watching me in the parking lot. I shot across the intersection into the grocery store parking lot, stopped, and shut it off. The officer just drove by me really slow and said, "don't do it again" and drove off. lol

However, my cousin in his 81 Z28 received multiple tickets (by the same officers) for loud exhaust and illegal squelching of the tires. lol Another buddy had an 87 S10 w/355 that would also get tickets for exhaust and tires. lol

I was the only one that had a Mopar out of my friends and in my high school (1996-2000). Cops must have like the car. lol

-
Back