Took the Dart out today for a drive

-

Dartfan71

Reaction score
Since getting this car on the road I have had some minor setbacks that have left me on the side of the road a few times. Bad voltage regulator that took out the resistor and the coil. Repaired that then a brand new Holley Fuel Pump let me down. Well I got all of that replaced and today I was feeling optimistic and I headed out with a tow strap in the trunk for insurance. (My wife is getting really good at towing cars home). LOL
Today I took it on about a 20 mile cruise with mixed driving and I didn't have one issue. Good fuel, oil and temps and the car ran flawless and smoked an Audi that was tailgating me. The car is about 90% complete. It still needs to be wet sanded, cut and buffed and the trim installed and the hood painted satin black, but at least I can drive it until the snow flies.
Thought I would share. BTW I did 100% of this car myself, other than the engine rebuild.

Looks really good , what tires you running out back ?

and you didn't even stop by and say hi lol. nice car by the way

Attachments

• 128.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 181
nice job! tell me its a 4spd!, btw I like the license plate, your state plate puts your brand on or did you add the mopar logo?

Not a 4 speed. It's a 904 with TF-2 and 3,000 Stall Convertor. I added the Logo on the plate. A friend of mine made it up for a few of us local mopar guys. The plate used to have an old Buggy logo and I hated it.

Thanks. They are M&H Racemaster 325/50/15 and they are a tight fit.
And you're not tubbed or springs moved in ? Could never fit anything near that on any of my Darts , 68 , 70 , 72 ,and a 74 , wow , largest tire I could fit was 245 /60/ 15 .

And you're not tubbed or springs moved in ? Could never fit anything near that on any of my Darts , 68 , 70 , 72 ,and a 74 , wow , largest tire I could fit was 245 /60/ 15 .
No it is mini tubbed with narrowed 9" parallel Alston Prostreet 4-link with panhard bar.

-
Back