Took the Dart to the track for the first time

-

Walker434

Reaction score
I am pretty new to FABO and recently purchased my 71 Dart. It's a 318/904/ 7 1/4 combo. The 318 has mild performace upgrades but the previous owner didn't know the specs of the heads or cam. I wanted to get a baseline ET before I start my performance modifications so here it is.

15.53 @ 88 mph, I had to let out becuase of tire spin then get back in it. I was doing 5,000 RPM in 2nd when I crossed the traps so I'm pretty sure it's geared 2.76 or so. I am going to try to attach the video.

I have purchased an 8 3/4 rearend with 3.91 suregrip so I can't wait to get that put in there. I am hoping to improve my performance tremendously with new tires and the new gear.

IMHO, thats a pretty good base line for a fairly stock 318/904 combo. Gear, traction, and converter should get you deep into the 14s, without breaking a sweat. Congrats, Eric L

Cool dart! That 15 sec. run is A good start. The 318/904 combo works great together! The 318 loves to rev.with the right cam and matching parts . The 904 has A low first gear and spins up quick!! choose wisely and you could easily have A 13 second street car, that will last A long time!! That is also one of the 318's many good points! Good luck with it! Keep us posted!!

Good Job !

Stick with it, and like ^ others above said....you may crack into the 13's with some elbow grease and some time.

Nice Job! If your 1st time driving at a track,gotta love the butterflies!:glasses7:

Nice job! Those 3.91's will really wake the 318 up and if you get it to hook up good the rear change alone will probably get you well into the 14's.

Thanks for all the comments guys! It was the first time on the track in about 7 years. Still an adrenaline rush even in a 15 second car! I'll let everyone know when I get the new rearend in and get back to the track.

-
Back